Sunday, May 24, 2009

I have no clever title

It seems there's a large preference for Google Reader over Bloglines -- thanks for the recommendation, everyone! Just as comments were coming in on my last post complaining about missing blogs, Bloglines decided to pull one of those, "Oh, by the way, so-and-so has 200 new posts" dealies, so I made the switch. Google Reader is kind of wonky, as in what's up with alphabetizing blogs that begin with the word "the" under T, but I can live with that.

Last time I removed my blogroll from my sidebar, I got a few emails of ... concern ... that it had disappeared. I have spent over six hours trying to reinstate it from Google Reader, and it keeps screwing up. I'd rather spend my time doing other things, so my best advice at this point would be, "Get your own blogroll." :-)

I've been knitting a bit, thanks to Battlestar Galactica Season 2.


Noro Silk Garden No. 241A, a lovely mix of mostly greens and purples.


Yum!

I finished spinning the red sparkly stuff I was working on, but I have started plying it yet. That hasn't stopped me from starting to spin something else, though.

This is superwash merino, the May/June spin-a-long from All Spun Up. Greeny blues with a bit of white and rust, drafts like butter -- love it!

19 people had something to say:

Anonymous said...

After reading the suggestions in your comments about Google-Reader, I moved from Bloglines too. There was a little bit of a learning curve, but I think I like Google-Reader better than Bloglines. It does seem to pick up the feeds quicker and more reliably.

The NORO is gorgeous. I love the color changes.

Have a great weekend. Happy knitting!

Cookie said...

I use firefox and added the "Next" button to my toolbar. I click on it and the next blog to read shows up. I rarely mess with the google reader page anymore.

Lovely spinning and knitting.

Mary Lou said...

That's why i have no blogroll. That yarn you are spinning looks gorgeous. Just my colors.

turtlegirl76 said...

Good for you! Don't forget to try out the "next" button you can drag to your Firefox toolbar. (please don't tell me you're still using IE)

Zonda said...

Pretty Noro colors! Love the handspun too!

fleegle said...

You don't need a clever title, Dave. Your lovely knitting and spinning speak for themselves :)

I have always used Google Reader. A bit weird, but pretty good otherwise.

Jean said...

The photo of the superwash merino roving reminds me of a Van Gogh painting, the swirls with the vivid blues is amazing. The Noro Silk Garden's colors are appealing, but I really do like the homespun yarns that you've posted even better.

Sarah said...

the spinning looks great! Hard to believe you just started.
I use RSS feeds when I can. otherwise I go with bloglines and get those weird updates and miss stuff. Oh well, I eventually catch up I think.

Nora said...

Lovely spinning and knitting.
Must try the Google thingy...

Bells said...

I made the switch to GR quite some time ago and am mostly happy with it. I rather like the way I have to mark a post unread myself - I hated how bloglines controlled that function for me.

LizzieK8 said...

Down at the bottom of each post on Google Reader there is a Share button. You can click it and set it up to show up on your blog sidebar.

Nana Sadie said...

Hm. I've got so many in bloglines, I'm not sure I'd get them all transferred...
I, too, have trouble coming up with titles these days...have I been blogging too long?

I LOVE the blue/greens you're spinning - so peaceful...
(((hugs)))

=Tamar said...

Oh well, the blogroll needed updating anyway. Quite a few of the links were nonfunctional.

Bianca said...

I find it amazing how thin you can spin. Beautiful colours though... and that also goes for the Noro

Carrie K said...

I really like Google Reader. Chris actually did the switching for me. You mean the blogroll can be done by Google Reader/Bloglines? I've been adding them by hand. (Mostly in the event of catastrophic loss of google reader.....)

BSG is excellent. Jamie Bamber is going to be starring in Law & Order, UK.

Marjorie said...

You had such great links on your blogroll.

Your spun yarn is gorgeous--as is the Noro scarf.

JessaLu said...

do as cookie says - add the button, it's pretty awesome. Welcome to the g-reader universe!

Pretty knitting, pretty spinning!

Probably Jane said...

You've chosen a pattern that shows the Noro off beautifully.

Opal said...

such lovely noro fabric! and mmm... BSG. one of my all-time favorite shows. :)