Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Socks - out of the chaos

All righty, then.

First, I think I figured out how to change the links over there --->. We'll see. They certainly don't make it easy, do they. However, it's free, so quit complaining, right? Right. And since they are paying for it, I left their Goggley thingy there. But you don't have to click on it if you don't want to.

Second, my FLAK swatch is finally done, washed, and in the process of drying. Yippee! Perhaps some pictures tomorrow.

Third, socks. I thought I had a few unfinished socks laying around, possibly waiting for mates or some such, so I did a bit of digging around. I did not in my wildest dreams think that I would find this:


There are 11 -- yes, ELEVEN -- "pairs" of socks in various stages of incompletion. Egads. Each in their own little bag, and each with a set of DPNs safely ensconced in their midst. No wonder I couldn't find any more needles when I needed them. And these just came from the two most obvious places. Who knows what lurks elsewhere? Yikes.

This pitiful pile includes this pair:


Yup, one sock is finished, and the other is done except for joining the toes and weaving ends. What the heck? Five minutes work and I'd have had another loverly pair of toasty sockies this winter. Why did I leave them sitting at this stage, and how long have they been like this? I dunno. I can barely remember knitting them, although I do remember the yarn. Or at least the colour of the yarn. I could legitimately finish them and claim them for February, but that just doesn't feel right.

So intead:

This will be my February socks. Or it will become so, I mean. I remember starting them, and then not being happy and ripping them apart again. I figured out what was wrong and adapted the pattern. And then they sat. And sat. And sat. No more. I will finish these socks - BOTH OF THEM - before the end of February. It says so right here, in black and white, so it must be so.

3 people had something to say:

Dave said...

What a dork. How could you have so much stuff left not finished? Whatsa matta for yor hed, huh?

Bitterknitter said...

Eleven "pairs" of socks? You put my procrastination and scattered crafting to shame, Dave! I once reached a point where all the cords from my Denise set were MIA, hanging out in abandoned projects as stitch holders. Graft that toe and put those poor socks on your feet, would ya? They've waited long enough ;-)

Alana said...

I am so glad there is someone else out there with a poor pair of socks that only needs the toe finished. I hate grafting toes. I came across a pair like that recently. After I had bought another set of DPN's because I couldn't find these! I have no clue how long they had been like that either.