Saturday, January 24, 2009

Purple -- it's a good thing

Yummmm, I love blues and browns and greens.



Who knew they were even better with a shot of purple?

Silk Garden 245. This was the first time neither skein had a knot. It was the second time I ran out of yarn at the end. Good thing Noro just keeps using the same colours over again in different combinations and I was able to throw in a scrap from another one to finish off the end.

Totally loving the purple.

Which is a good thing, because I was also working on this.



Impulse of Delight sock yarn in the Crocus colourway. If you don't follow Ruth's blog to watch how how she develops her colourways, you should - it's very cool.

It's also very cool and windy and wintery outside, so my not-very -successful attempt at an outside FO shot lasted about 30 seconds before I chickened out and went back inside. Those white speckles in the photo are snow, not lint. :-)

Apparently I need bigger windowsills.


Simple 6x2 rib, Sherman heel. Totally loving the purples.



33 people had something to say:

Trillian42 said...

Oh, wow. LOVE those socks! What a gorgeous colorway!

(And the scarf is fab, too!)

turtlegirl76 said...

Mmm garter stitch delight. Beautiful scarf. The socks are just WOW! Love the way that yarn knit up. The colors are awesome!

Anonymous said...

i heart those socks so. look ubber comfy!

Anonymous said...

Scarf and socks are both beautiful. I'm loving purple these days too. Maybe I should blog about it. What a novel idea!

lexa said...

The colors in the Silk Garden are gorgeous! Love the bright socks, too. :)

Monika said...

How long before you are done with th Noro project? The purple socks are lovely.

Briley said...

Purple makes me happy! I love the socks. I always love your socks.

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

The socks are awesome! I tend to lean towards purples too - it is, afterall, my favourite colour!!

Teyani said...

incredible. no knots in two Noro skeins? woo hoo!
and yeah, I pretty much turn to mush over purples too.
Love the scarf.
love the socks.
and I watch Ruth's blog too - she's amazing.

Yarndude said...

I love those socks! And the heel. :)

fleegle said...

My favorite colors! Love all your purpley things!

bockstark.knits said...

no knots? now THAT's amazing! :) both projects are gorgeous!

Kay-From the Back Yard said...

Very nice scarf. Hope it's for you.

And the little touch of red in the socks is so regal.

Charity said...

The socks are really awesome - I like how they look in a 6x2 rib. The scarf is nice, too, and No Knots! What a joy!

EGunn said...

I've been in love with purples lately, too. I really like the Noro scarf, and Ruth's blog is great. Enjoy those colors!

Opal said...

i've been feeling some purple love lately myself, so this post was pure candy for me. :)

Kim said...

I never get enough of the multi directional scarf and the Noro just makes it more beautiful. love those socks!

BEESTLYproducts said...

mr. noro really has his crap together... i have to make one of those multidirectionial things, it looks like a fun knit.

Marjorie said...

Every time I see that diagonal scarf, I want to make one. That looks wonderful, as do the socks.

Perhaps purple is in the air. My next project is purple too, and I'm eager to start it.

Linda said...

Those are some awesome purple socks. I'm getting more purple every day it seems like.

limedragon :-: Harriet said...

I've always been a fan of purple; these socks are amazing! The scarf looks great too; I must remember that shade #.

Sarah said...

Ooh, I love those socks! That little bit of orange really does pump up the purple!

Alwen said...

So what did I buy today at Franklin's book signing? Malabrigo baby merino in "Purple Mystery"!

Anonymous said...

Totally loving those purples too. The little bit of red really livens things up. :)

Zonda said...

I love your scarf and socks!! Great looking purples there!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous soft colors on the multidirectional! I have one from about 2003 that I still wear every winter - a timeless pattern for sure! and those zings of pink in the socks are fantastic!

Jean said...

The colors are quite luscious, I love the way the colors complement each other. I giggled when I saw the snowflakes in your photo - Brave soul. The purple socks would be great to wear with jeans and especially in your snowy landscape would be a welcome point of color.

Nana Sadie said...

Oh, hon, I'm a purple nut, too!
Love those socks...
(((hugs)))

Sarah said...

Those purples ARE great!

Vicki Knitorious said...

Lovin' those socks. Lovin' the purple!

Anonymous said...

That purple w/the red is quite regal looking.

Hope that the "bangs" are all better now and done with!

Anonymous said...

Purple is a most EXCELLENT thing.

Those socks are wonderful!

beth (big geek)

Jennifer said...

I love the little blasts of red in those socks. Lovely!