Sunday, May 17, 2009

At least I'm consistent

So, you know how when a bunch of things go wrong, and then something goes right and you think the string of wrong is gone? That's not what happened. The wrong continues. It's kind of reassuring to know that my place in the universe is secure.

See, I've been knitting a secret sock, and it's coming along just smashingly. Very cool pattern, easy to remember, no charts to be glued to, just read your knitting and keep on going round and round. It even has a different construction technique than I've been used to -- toe up and a wonderful invisible gusset to help make the short row heel fit better.

And then the pattern is released, and I want to show you some pics of how wonderful it is, and then my camera decided, "Umm, nope. You can have this ONE pic and I am going to keep all the rest for myself." And it steadfastly refuses to release its hostages, even though I talked nicely and told him what a nice camera he was and offered to buy him ice cream. Ummm, nope. No go.

So, you get what I got. That's most of one sock. I'm sure my camera will eventually decide to cooperate, and I'm sure I'll actually knit the second sock, so I'll wait until the stars are realigned to do a proper FO post. In the meantime, you can see wonderful pictures of two socks here and you can download the pattern here. It's even free! Go for it -- you'll like it! Thank you, Bea, for sharing your wonderful creativity!

Any one else use Bloglines? Notice anything wonky? Like, it's eating people and won't let you see them? Kinda like my camera? Look over to the right? See that list of blogs? Way down near the bottom there should be someone that I've been reading for, like, forever. And all of a sudden she's gone! Not on that list, not on my list of subscriptions on Bloglines -- just gone. But when I try to re-subscribe, Bloglines says, "Hey, you're already subscribed to that blog." Sigh. There could very well be others that have been invisiblized, but I read enough that it's hard to keep track. If Wendy Knits and Bloglines doesn't see it, is she actually really knitting?

23 people had something to say:

fleegle said...

Gorgeous construction! Guess Bloglines is hungry :)

Unknown said...

I like the sock Dave, even in it's partially done state (don't you just love technology..when it works). I have been moving my blogs from bloglines to Google reader for a while now with waaaay less hassles and no problems. Just like it so much better. Not saying it is the answer but could be another solution for you.

Carrie K said...

The sock looks good! Bad camera.

Bloglines was doing that to me when I finally switched to Google Reader. The eating of blogs is insidious, you don't notice at first - after all, posting doesn't have a due date and then suddenly you realize you haven't seen this person in FOREVER, manually check their blog and discover zillions of posts. Verra annoying.

Anonymous said...

Bloglines has been wonky for awhile.

From reading previous comments, looks like Google reader is the way to go.

Oh my ... I think I have a big job ahead of me moving everything over to google reader.

Alwen said...

That's a cool sock pattern!

Yeah, what I notice with Bloglines is that some of my blogs never update, never update, and then I manually check them and I'm three months behind. grrrr!

Ruth said...

Bloglines obviously has serious issues - what is annoying is that they have had these issues for a long time, with no apparent will to correct them. They did, however, pull down their forum where people used to commiserate and try to get help when Bloglines' own IT people ignored them. Clearly they know people aren't happy!

turtlegirl76 said...

GET THEE TO GOOGLE READER! Seriously. Bloglines is jacked up. You can export your bloglines subscriptions and re-import them into google reader and you won't miss a beat. The best part is you can add a little "extra" to your toolbar called a "next" button that brings you right to the next updated blog in your blogroll! Very cool.

Jean said...

This looks like an interesting sock pattern, good choice of color for this pattern. Is this one of your homespun?

Virtuous said...

So good to hear from you!!

And glad you were able to finish the socks despite the camera hostage situation. Like the pattern too!

Bobbi said...

Great Sock! And Bloglines...totally wonky. Sheri @ the Loopy Ewe is not invisible, but her posts NEVER appear on bloglines. Sigh.

Nana Sadie said...

Lovely sock, tempermental camera...and oh, yeah, I've had that problem with Bloglines!
Poo.
(((hugs)))

Marjorie said...

Lovely sock pattern, and I like your yarn choice also.

knottygnome said...

another vote for google reader here.

i like that sock pattern. i've been looking for some nice manly sock patterns. i might have to queue this one.

Anonymous said...

Nice sock - too bad it's toe up! I may need to adapt. And I've had the same problem with bloglines. I switched to Google Reader.

JessaLu said...

Love the sock! I hope you can wrangle your camera into submission...

I hates bloglines. I love g-reader and have been using it for over a year (you can even post lists like the one you have with g-reader and import your stuff from bloglines, etc.) It's awesome.

lexa said...

Neat sock. My camera has been weird acting lately. It takes me two or three times at least to get the pictures to transfer.

tiennie said...

Cool sock!

I've switched to google reader b/c bloglines was driving me crazy.

tiennie said...

Also, I have hundreds and hundreds of subscriptions and it was pretty easy to export my bloglines list and import it over to google reader to start keeping up that way.

Jackie's Stitches said...

I'll never understand technology. One minute it works; the next it does not!

The sock looks great!

WendyKnits said...

In answer to your question: YES!

And I'll join in the chorus -- switch to Google Reader!

Opal said...

lovely sock!

like the people have said, google reader rocks. ;-)

Kyle Kunnecke said...

great pattern - thank you for posting the link. I printed it and put it in my pile of sock patterns I might someday knit - (I also ordered sock yarn today so maybe the two will be paired together soon!)

Tallguy said...

Oh!! Those are MY socks!
http://dis-n-dat.blogspot.com/2008/11/up-tree.html
I did have fun doing them though.