Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Drive-by Post

Just a quick post to note a few things:




Eve is looking for some people to take part in a fun li’l comic-readin’ study. Pop on over, sign up, read a few comics, get a few laughs, and answer a few questions. Simple, eh?

I signed up for the Blue Moon sock club last year. You didn't hear anything about it here because, well, frankly, I found all the selections to be ugl not to my tastes. I was lucky enough to be able to trade some of it away, and I haven't even been tempted to knit with the rest of it. Naturally, I didn't join the second round because I didn't want to make the same mistake again, and naturally, the first one out this time around is freaking gorgeous. Figures, eh?



Seems that something is getting close to completion. Time to put down the knitting needles and pick up a needle of another sort. Wish me luck, eh?

28 people had something to say:

Ramona said...

I was also disappointed with most of the Blue Moon club colorways but that new one is damm pretty!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful knitting! I love the colors. I can't wait to see what the finished object is.

Anonymous said...

You know the colors in your intriguing WIP look quite similar to the STR kit yarn this month too. BEAUTIFUL!!
I am in the club....my kit is not here yet - I think I'm the only one who hasn't gotten it!

canknitian said...

Luck!

LaurieM said...

Dude, you must master the mattress stitch. It's like zippin' up your knittin'.

I plain ole don't like STR for socks. I think the yarn is worth every penny, but not for socks!
It's just too soft and it pills. I still have two skeins left from last years club which I plan to use for a scarf or mitts.

Jennifer said...

I was one of the 1/3 BM members last year, and was just so-so on it. I much rather pick out my own colorways.

HPNY KNITS said...

I have been waiting to hear about this one! I love the colors- its just fab. hurry up!
:-)

sko_G knits said...

ugh. isn't that always the case? not to worry though, i am sure that the next batch will be 'not your taste' again, so you won't have to feel bad about it. =P

beautiful colorway there. is it some luscious noro?
can't wait to see what it is!!

Kate said...

Is that the Cornelia Tuttle Noro jumper? -I have all the makings for it put by and would love to see someone elses progress. Love the colours.

Sarah said...

It's looking beautiful -- I can't wait to see the whole thing!

Stacey said...

isn't that always the way. I watched the different STR club yarns come by over the past year and wasn't thrilled with any of them. This first one though, is pretty nice!

the almost FO is looking good!

Terby said...

Love those colors. I think I'm one of the last knitters left who has yet to try STR. As much as I am intrigued by a sock club, not liking the colors really scares me off.

Anonymous said...

The STR colorway is beautiful. I'm not following the pattern, though. And it's knitting up as a good imitation of camo. Surprised the heck outta me!

What's your mystery object? Love the color!

Terri said...

Those colours are gorgeous Dave. Can't wait to see more.

Teyani said...

you just can't control the knitting fates. sigh.
your newest project is divine.
maybe someone o9ut there who is "underwhelmed" by the newest BMF offering (and there are several)would be glad to swap with you :-)
there's a lid for every pot.

cherry said...

Can't wait to see the mystery finished WIP - looks like a S*** G***** masterpiece! Happy stitching (you know - the other kind...)

Anonymous said...

Of couse. Noro perhaps? Good luck with the seaming. So close, yet so far when you get to that point...!

Kathy in DC said...

What ever this yarn is and all these wonderful cables it is going to be gorgeous. Can't wait to see!

Kathy in DC said...

Oh, guess it's just ribbing. Got carried away by the yarn itself. So nice!

Debi said...

My guess is you're knitting Fitzgerald?

As far as BMFA goes I haven't been thrilled with the yarns and especially the patterns "exclusive" to members...truth is the yarn is nice but I'll choose my own colors and patterns thanks! Plus it's quite expensive for a hank of yarn and a pattern!

gail said...

Actually, the sock club was too pricey for me and I, sadly, didn't join. I'm glad to hear that you were disappointed in the colors; that means I probably would not have been pleased if I had forked over the $$. I am very impressed, however, with the gorgeous colors of the photos with which you tantalized us. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Lacefreak said...

I gasped aloud when i saw the colors on that yarn. What a shame not all of their yarn appears to be beautiful.

Angela said...

Don't know what you are working on but these colors are very pretty. Good luck with the finishing. It's my least favorite part of knitting projects. I'm thinking of getting a finishing techniques book. Maybe if I know a little more about this topic, I won't find it so frustrating.

Good luck!

Ang

Anonymous said...

Is it your Noro sweater??? The colours look amazing. Silk Garden??

Anonymous said...

That is a pretty darned nice colorway. Sorry about your luck. :(

I hope that means you're due for some good luck with your sweater seaming -- can't wait to see it finished!

Unknown said...

Hey Dave - Well I'm a RSC member this year and the first one isn't really my cuppa. If you didn't actually knit up all of your socks from last year maybe we could trade?
Let me know.

Turtle Runner said...

**Drool* such pretty yarn...

Anonymous said...

I hope your other stitching will go well - I can't wait to see this as an FO. I really like these particular colours too.
Interesting about BMFA club. It had already started when I first heard of it last year, and the one or two colours I did see were nice. I did sign up this year and I hope I won't regret it - the first installment is beautiful though :).