Saturday, June 16, 2007

Knitters Tea Swap - parcel received!

My partner in the Knitters Tea Swap swap was Allison, of Simply Socks Yarn Company. How lucky could I get?!! I was very much looking forward to seeing what she was going to send, because she had sent me such a fantastic package in Yarn Ahoy. She didn't disappoint. :-)




Yummy! Ceylon Breakfast -- one of my favourites! And a great assortment of other teas to try. Some shortbread, some chocolate and a tea infuser. Perfect!

Oh, and what's that in the upper left? Might it be ... yarn?

Oh, yes, yarn indeed. A gorgeous hank of Smooshy sock yarn, hand painted by Dream in Color. Look at those colours! I've been drooling over this stuff since Allison first listed it, and I am so pleased that she decided to include it in the swap package.

Thanks so much, Allison -- you've certainly got me pegged!

29 people had something to say:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a nice cuppa and some knitting of socks is in your future.

Charity said...

This is an awesome package - that yarn looks irresistible! :0)

Mauren Mureaux said...

What a nice box of goodies. Do you have a pattern picked out for the sock yarn yet? ;)

sheep#100 said...

Is Ceylon Breakfast at all like English Breakfast?

What a great package!

Romi said...

Ooooooooh. I've *got* to get into the next tea swap! What's better than yarn and tea?! :)

earthchick said...

Oooh, lovely, lovely, all of it. That yarn is gorgeous!

Teyani said...

whoa - now that's some gorgeous sock yarn.
Allison is a fabulous swap partner - and it looks like she did you proud!
What a sweet swap.

CynCyn said...

oh. my.
that yarn. is gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful colours.

I just noticed you spell it with a U also - like us! I often wonder if my readers jut assumes I can't spell but are too polite to say anything. :)

Irie said...

oooo lucky you!!! Nice yarn, nice tea... I'll have to get in on the next round of the swap, that looks like fun! :)

Jennifer said...

Very nice!

Lacefreak said...

You are a fortunate man! That Yarn is screaming to be made into socks right now! Brew a cup and go to!

HPNY KNITS said...

score!

Debi said...

Nice goodies! That yarn is dreamy!

I so wanted to do the tea swap when you posted about it but I've had such bad experiences I thought better of it. I'm getting my feet wet again with the dishrag swap so maybe next time :)

lexa said...

Great package! Just look at that lovely yarn!

Anonymous said...

What a great package!

knitkim said...

manly, yes, but I like it too!! What beautiful colours. I really wish I liked tea. It smells wonderful but, I just can't get past the taste.

Terri said...

Ooh lucky you! What a great package. :o)

Anonymous said...

Those Harney Teas are a dream - I drink the mint verbena iced in the summer (it's so refreshing) and love the jasmine pearl. Looks like you've got a Caribe and Rooibos Chai too (not my favorite by any means - but hope you enjoy!).

TrickyTricot

Nana Sadie said...

Gorgeous yarn...scrumptious colors!
(((hugs)))

Anonymous said...

That yarn would go well with the beads you ended up not using in ISE4.

Anonymous said...

MMmmmmm... Great yummy tea items! Harney is a fave of mine as well, enjoy! Oh and the yarn? Fabulous colorway!

Anonymous said...

That yarn is just gorgeous, and I've bookmarked the site. I'm supposed to be knitting from my stash (at least through September!), and you're undermining my resolve.

primetimeknitter.typepad.com

Charles said...

Oh LOOOK AT DOES SOCK YARN!!!
I love the color and goodie you got!!

By the way did you see my Knitting video cast yet?
Visit my blog and see!!

Thanks

Charles

Becka said...

You sure did get lucky having Allison as a swap partner, she's a sweetheart! I've been wanting to see a nice close up of that new yarn she's got in the store, too...thanks, can't wait to see it knit up!
Thanks so much for stopping by and your kind words about #1 Husband Socks! Man, you are fast, too, I just put it online a little while ago! Lonnie loves them, too! So, what do ya think about the remotes?! LOL, I'd like to know what a guy says about them in the photo, they scream MAN, therefore, man socks, most especially "husband" socks! LOL!!

Anonymous said...

Lucky you, what a great package! I've been drooling over that yarn lately too, that's a really nice colorway!

Jerry said...

Dave, Can you let me know if they are going to have a Swap #4? Love reading your blog.

Unknown said...

found you throught the virtual vacation swap and had to say that this looks so delious. All I can think of is curling up with and knitting with a cup of tea now. In fact I think I'll go do just that.

Carrie K said...

Oooh, doesn't Allison do a great swap package?