Saturday, June 09, 2007

Knitter's Virtual Vacation Swap Questionnaire

Yes, I am a swap-a-holic.

Knitter's Virtual Vacation Swap Questionnaire

1. If you could visit any state in the US, which would it be and why?

Massachusetts. Because I want to go to Boston. Lotsa history and lotsa yarn stores. Sounds perfect to me.

2. If you could visit any country in the world, other than your own, which would it be and why?

Australia, because there's sunshine and beaches. And wool No, New Zealand, because there's green galore and interesting landscapes. And wool. No, Spain. I dunno why, but I've always wanted to go to Spain. Is there wool in Spain?

3. Have you ever driven across several states/providence/countries?

Yes, I've driven across Canada.

4. Have you ever visited someplace you consider exotic? Where was it?

According to my dictionary, "exotic" can be defined thusly: of, pertaining to, or involving stripteasing: the exotic clubs where strippers are featured. I refuse to answer on the grounds that it may incriminate me.

5. What was your favorite "travel" vacation? Why?

It was a thwarted attempt to drive the Pacific Coast Highway from Vancouver to San Fransisco. I ended up spending too much time in Seattle and had to turn around and come back. Even though the ultimate goal was not achieved, it was such a relaxed and go-with-the-flow type of trip that I didn't mind one bit. But I'd still like to drive the Pacific Coast Highway some day.

6. Have you ever played tourist in your own home city/state (if international, country)? Explain.

Frequently. Since my early 20s, I've always lived away from family, so when they come to visit, I get to do the things that I wouldn't necessarily do as a local. It's fun!

7. Are you a museum visitor, beach comer or an amusement seeker?

Museums, yes. Beaches, yes. Bungee jumping, no.

8. What's your favorite type of yarn?

Something about sock yarn just makes my heart go pitter-patter.

9. What's your least favorite type of yarn?

Something about fun fur just makes my stomach churn.

10. What items do you like to knit/crochet?

Mostly socks. I have a limited attention span, so I don't have a good history with larger items.

11. What do you pack, knit/crochet wise when you go on vacation?

Socks.

12. What other crafts do you do/would like to do other than Knit/Crochet?

I used to do cross-stitch but haven't for quite some time. I don't really have time to get into much else.

13. Are you allergic to anything? (Yarn wise or treat wise)

Nope.

14. What is your favorite color? Least Favorite?

Favourite: bluegreenbrowngrey. Least favourite: yellow.

15. Sweet or Savory (Treat not personality)?

Either.

16. Anything else we are forgetting to ask that you think your partner desperately needs to know?

Desparately needs to know? I hope not.

17 people had something to say:

lexa said...

Interesting! I really like your answer to #4!

sheep#100 said...

Psst, Dave, merino wool originated in Spain.

Anonymous said...

Oh, yes! You'll definitely love Australia. And there is plenty of wool, thing is, once it's off the sheep's back, we don't see it...

Note: In Sydney, we only have THREE YARN STORES!! 4M people and 3 YARN STORES!

End of gripe.

CynCyn said...

c'mon over to Boston then! I'll take you to as many LYS as we can shake a stick at. Personally, I'd go for AUS/NZ combo trip, since you can do a 2 for 1 (well, almost).

HPNY KNITS said...

LOL! "exotic" - ha ha ha- I remember a particular green top...

LaurieM said...

Some times I enjoy a nice yellow, but it is also my husband's least favourite color. Is it a man thing?

Nana Sadie said...

Hmmm...Boston! I like Boston, but have only been there briefly a couple of times...Since I'd like to see this country before I head out anywhere else...
Boston, and a New England trip would be cool!

"bluegreenbrowngrey" is an interesting color - I've never seen it in the Crayola box...
(((hugs)))

Sharon said...

Ah see I was going for the #1 defn. "of foreign origin or character; not native; introduced from abroad, but not fully naturalized or acclimatized: exotic foods; exotic plants" not the #4 defn. "of, pertaining to, or involving stripteasing: the exotic clubs where strippers are featured." I see where your mind was headed ;-)

So glad you joined the swap :-)

Michelle said...

Oooh...Boston. I just moved to the Boston area (Cambridge/Somerville) and haven't gone exploring much yet. Anything you're dying to see? I'll bring my camera and post pictures for you. :-) And I feel your pain for fun fur.

Anonymous said...

A man after my own heart - I was just recently questioning why the color yellow even exists!! ;) Seriously though, great answers to some of this - glad you're joining us!

Anonymous said...

The Pacific coast highway is fabulous. By the time we got to San Fran we were nearly out of time (drove all the way from Saskatchewan) so didn't spend as much time there as we'd have liked. The drive down was beautiful, especially the Oregon part.

Anonymous said...

Ooh yes, Boston is quite nice. I enjoy visiting and I only live an hour away.

Funny, we have the same favorite color!

Carrie K said...

I drove the Pacific Hwy from San Francisco to Washington state (where you can't see most of it, Lost Coast & all that) and got stuck behind one of those silver RV's right off the bat. I tried to pull off for awhile. I tried Zen. I tried to pass him (once. I was desperate.) I wasn't allowed to kill him and then hunt down his relatives. Passengers.

But it was a pretty drive. The next day. When I finally lost him.

Psyched2Knit said...

Yes, we have TONS of yarn stores in Boston. It really is a luxury - but it doesn't stop me from going on the midnight internet yarn bender!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing. Funny I also look up knitting stores at each of the places we visit - my poor family.

Lynn said...

Ok I just want you to know that YOU are the reason I joined this vacation swap! I got in just in time too. Since we have no major plans for vacation, this fits right in!!!
AND it promises to be lots of fun!!
So just wanted to inform you of your enabling qualities, just in case you weren't aware of them yet!!

Anonymous said...

Heey I found another Canadian! I'm so bummed I missed out on the Knitter's Tea Swap... that's me in a nutshell. But I'm pretty stoked about the Vacation Swap.