Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Kaleidoscope # 1

I really have no business starting up another large project. Do you know how many things are just sitting around here half done?



Actually, I shouldn't be starting up any more small ones either. I mean, just look at all the single or half-finished socks laying around here.



I really should learn to control my compulsive impulsive carefree side and concentrate more on finishing stuff.


But sometimes you just kind of get ... captivated, you know?

Noro Silk Garden No. 255.

36 people had something to say:

Soo said...

I have no idea what you are making -- but I want to make one too!!!!

Nana Sadie said...

OMG - I'm sooooooooooo in the grips of startitis, I feel your pain!
But...that's a fascinating series of photos, and I love the looks of it, and...hmmm...if I find out what you're making, maybe I'll make one too?
lololol
I badly want a case of FINISHITIS! Any idea where I can "catch" that bug?
(((hugs)))

Karen said...

The aqua blue in that Noro is gorgeous. Can't wait to see what that becomes!

Calvin said...

I LOVE those colors and they looked great with the garter stitch. What is that you're making?

Zonda said...

Those are beautiful colors!!

Opal said...

Sometimes the Noro siren call is just too strong to resist. So why even try? :-)

HPNY KNITS said...

when silk garden summons- we must submit....
looks like fun.

Susan said...

I have no idea what it is, but I'm in love with it.

Courtney said...

I know how it is. I rarely finish anything, but I almost always enjoy what I'm knitting and I think that makes it okay. I really want to know what it is that you're making so I can make one too.

turtlegirl76 said...

I thought it was a rule that you always had to have SOMETHING Noro on the needles. Isn't it? If it's not, then I've got a problem too.

Emma said...

So gorgeous. Definitely looks like a seductive new project.

Anonymous said...

I have no idea what that is but it is absolutely gorgeous.(I think I have that colorway)Keep knitting...you might actually finish.
Ang

Anonymous said...

A friend was just talking of suffering from completionitis - I explained my problem is I-just-wanna-try-that-too-itis! Knitting socks for my eight kids means there's always a pair on the needles (well, ever since I started a year ago), going to a Mongolian winter soon means I'm busy with vests and sweaters for them all right now too (the hats and mittens are finished!)...and what did I do? Started a mitred corner blanket - my guess is your noro-project is a blanket of some sort, and I feel justified in doing the same if Mr Criminy Jickets is doing it too! I'm a wee bit jealous that you would have enough Noro for a blanket-sized project....I was recently given my first skein and couldn't believe how lovely it was to work with. I'll be wearing mine on my head all the way across Russia.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!

Knitting is your thing - you can do whatever strikes your fancy!

Pat K said...

I love the colors. Whatever you're making, it will be fantastic.

fleegle said...

Wow! Whatever it is, it's beautiful! And who cares how many projects you start? Knitting is supposed to be fun!

Alwen said...

I have to knit what's singing to me. Someday those other half-knit things will each find their voices and sing themselves done.

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful, Dave. And, I absolve you from start-itis guilt. Knitting should be a hobby, not a stressor. :)

Teyani said...

yummy colors - they would capture my imagination (and knitting needles) too :-)

limedragon :-: Harriet said...

Stunning colors! I do like the brighter colors in Silk Garden. Um, I'm wondering how many you made, since the title was numbered 1... : )

Karen said...

I want that wool. Give it to me now.
Please?

Jennifer said...

Hey, you gotta do, what you gotta do. Lovely colors!

Nicky said...

I know the feeling of half finished, almost finished, not close to being finished and never gonna get finished projects - but hey - it's not the destination that counts but the journey getting there so I am sure (a little) that all the unfinished knitting projects across the world will one day be completed....
Nice colours btw!

Marjorie said...

Noro should come with a warning label on its yarn band about its potential to cause addiction. When I was using it, I'd stay up very late just to see what the next color would be. I'm just wondering how you could have knit with anything else while you had that in your stash. That is a beautiful colorway.

Anonymous said...

I don't know what it's going to be either but the colors are beautiful.

Don't listen to the stuff that needs to be done. Nag, nag, nag, all the time.

Anonymous said...

Um...multi-directional scarf?

Sarah said...

Don't I know it. I have so many active things on the needles right now! Not to mention the UFOs hiding in closets and things that need to be ripped stuffed away in drawers.

I keep telling myself that when the kids have to go through my things one day they will make a huge pile of them and I'll be laughing from behind the scenes ;-)

lexa said...

That has absolutely gorgeous colors! I love it, whatever it is. It reminds me of Lucy Neatby's Equilateral Triangle Vest. A friend of mine knit one in Noro Silk Garden.

Anonymous said...

Yes...I know. All too well, I know!

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Oh Lord that Silk Garden has the whole siren song thing down pat I'd say!!

Anonymous said...

That is one of my favourite go-to patterns with one of my favourite yarns. Beautiful colourway!

Anonymous said...

With those colours how could you resist!? HUGELY admiring of your sock knitting prowess!

Diane said...

Finish stuff before starting new stuff? That's just crazy talk (said by a woman who has 2 pr of socks to kitchener, 3 shawls to block, and a scarf to hide the ends .... who has just casted on a new scarf and threw everything else in the bottom of the knitting bag).

Shannan said...

Beautiful colors! I can't wait to see what it's going to be.

Nan said...

Well, I hope this project doesn't become a cast aside one! I can't wait to see what it is going to be! UFO's are all over my house too, I am making a promise to myself I don't start a new project unless I finish 2 old ones first, but seeing this beauty, even though I don't know what it is, it makes my startitus act up again, and I feel the fever rising!

Kyle William said...

been there... totally understand... I love the pattern (I have a friend who is doing it in noro too) - it makes me knit more to get to the next color... talk about motivation! :)