Sunday, July 13, 2008

Kaleidoscope # 4

Another unusual combination of colours.

Mustard and mauve ...



Black and blue ...



Me likes it ... bunches.

Of course there were knots, so I only had one black and blue part and three mustard and mauves.

Silk Garden No. 247.

In the Other News Department, the Cross and Meet sock is now available as a Ravelry purchase. Go get it. :-)

20 people had something to say:

fleegle said...

Another impossible color combination that you somehow made work. If I put these two together, I'd repel readers for years...

Anonymous said...

LOVE those colors.

Robin said...

Can't wait to see how all the kaleidoscopes come together!

Jean said...

I would love to see a photo of the complete sock. The color combination is intriguing.

Kay-From the Back Yard said...

Very interesting colors combined. But of course, it's Noro!

turtlegirl76 said...

What have you got up your sleeve here? Surely these aren't all scarves. Are you going to seam them up for a blanket?

Romi said...

I *love* the mustard and mauve!

Soo said...

Love the colours....

Off to get the Cross and Meet.

Monika said...

That's a lovely colorway. What decreases do you use, because they don't look too bumpy or prominent?

Nana Sadie said...

How pretty! Yes, it IS!
(((hugs)))

lexa said...

I really like those color combinations, very nice!

RoadSide said...

niiiice...I love the black and blue! must. get. noro.

Jennifer said...

What a gorgeous mix of colors!

Unknown said...

I think I'm willing to sacrifice the scratchy feel of Noro for the beauty of their colorways. They're just so brilliant! I loooove your photos. :)

Anonymous said...

Stunning, stunning colors!

Anonymous said...

why? Why does Noro have such awesome colourways, and yet as "anonymous" mentioned, is soooo scratchy?! I love seeing all the great colourways you've been working with.

Teyani said...

yummmmm
love that combo of colors.

Anonymous said...

Cool combo - I would have never thought that those colors would work together. ;o)

Five Ferns Fibreholic said...

Trying to imagine and outfit that piece of knitting would go with is creating a highly disturbing visual in my head.

Sorry Mr. Noro, those colours just don't do it for me. But Dave as always, good job with the knitting.

Anonymous said...

I'm just loving looking at all the colours!

Is there one "must visit" yarn store in Ottawa? I'll be back in Toronto/Kingston/Ottawa in a couple of weeks.