Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Digging in

If you keep at it, it will get done eventually.

I finally finished plying the sock yarn I've been working on.


I hope it's enough for a pair of socks.


All other knitting has been put aside to finish some holiday knitting. Row by row, the crinkly-wrinkly-peachy-pinky continues to slowly grow.


Remember when I used to actually finish something? Hmmm, I don't - LOL!

25 people had something to say:

Unknown said...

Wow, plying on a spindle. I think I would have bought my wheel just for plying if nothing else.

Love those shades of peach and pink.

Nana Sadie said...

"crinkly-wrinkly-peachy-pinky" is PRETTY!
:)
(and since I don't spin at all, I'm suitably impressed, but can't guess if you have enough for socks!)
(((Hugs)))

Charity said...

Nice to see you around - I love the green yarn! :0)

Yarndude said...

The speed at which you have perfected the art of drop spindling is mind-boggling. I couldn't get the hang of it no matter how much I tried!

fleegle said...

If you are planning on making socks with the brown yarn on the right-hand spindle, I would say you probably don't have enough. Unless you have feet the size of radishes.

Whatever your crinkly wringly thing is, it's quite lovely!

Knit - R - Done said...

I've been spinning for years and I can't make anything that fine and even. I am really impressed.

sgeddes said...

The handspun looks great. I can't believe how full you got that spindle. Very nice and even coverage. I can't wait to see the socks.

Micki said...

That is one full spindle! The yarn looks great. :)

turtlegirl76 said...

I have yet to ply on my spindles. In fact, I have yet to finish a spinning project on any of my spindles. that's amazing how much you fit on there! I look forward to you figuring out the yardage.

Anonymous said...

Your plied yarn looks great! I hope it is enough for your first pair of socks from your own hand spun yarn. How wonderful that will be!

Tallguy said...

I have to say that is one full spindle, and I've never filled mine quite like that. I've put 4 oz on mine, but I tend to make a HUGE bulge all around near the whorl, but this is a most interesting way to do it.

Do you have enough for socks? I am not certain there is. I'm just finishing one for myself, and I can use 50 g for one sock -- do you have more than that on there? Just to be safe, I think you should spin a little more. After all, can you have TOO MUCH yarn??

Jean said...

I can tell you are quite a determined fellow as your spinning shows, so yes my dear fellow you are finishing things, just look at the yarn you have created! The peachy pinky knit is so lovely, any woman would love to receive it.

Anonymous said...

Hi Dave,

your selfspun sock yarn has a wonderful colour. If you didn't use superwash wool for spinning, you will see that the socks from your homespun will be much warmer than if they were knitted from commercial wool.
I love my socks from selfspun wool. They are worm, but I don't sweat in them.

I think that this is because of that superwash thing that makes wool different from wool with no such treatment.

Anonymous said...

I love the look of the crinkly-wrinkly-peachy thing! Looks intruiging and beautiful. And the yarn is so impressive, but I'd have no idea about the quantity either...

Sarah said...

Your sock yarn looks great!
I've been seeing all my WIPs while in the midst of a huge reorganization here. It make me anxious. I've been working out my hand muscles by frogging and balling yarn up...

Michelle said...

I spin on a wheel and every time I see a full spindle, I'm envious! That is one full spindle, so I imagine you are finishing some things. (wink)

I love the colour of the crinkly-wrinkly-peachy-pinky...kinda like the nickname you gave it, too!

Birdsong said...

I actually enjoy moving several projects along at the same time... eventually something gets done. Are you spinning with the circ sock machine in mind? Very impressive.

Anonymous said...

The sock yarn looks great, crossing fingers you have enough! If you could just shrink your feet, it would be easier. Binding? lol.

The crinkly-wrinkly-peachy-pinky looks mysteriously pretty.

Opal said...

gorgeous handspun! i vaguely remember when i used to finish things. it seems like it was so long ago.

Robin said...

Oh, Dave, the colorway is fabulous! That yarn will make spectacular socks! (Can't wait to see more of what's happening in that basket.)

Anonymous said...

But you DID finish something...you finished plying. Then again, take the "finishing is overrated" pass and enjoy whatever you're working on.

Debra said...

Your sock yarn on the spindle looks great! You're a brave, brave man to ply this way.

If you don't have enough for socks-- well, it's a great start. Can't wait to see how they turn out.

Teyani said...

Your yarn is looking great.
and hats off to you for plying on a spindle!! go Dave!
love that peachy-pinky-crinkly-wrinkly - what a great name ;-)

Amelia of Ask The Bellwether said...

That is *one full spindle*! It looks terrific, I can't wait to see the socks.

BEESTLYproducts said...

that sock yarn looks fab.... hopefully it'll make do :-)
i haven't finished anything in what feels like months. ugh.