Friday, November 07, 2008

Mucho Exciting Mail

I've been busy knitting away, and I'm just about finished something, but I can't show you what it is yet. Luckily for me, my mailman has also been very busy lately, so I can show you that.

Norma
has been spearheading donations for the Red Scarf project, and part of her enticement for donating were some fabulous prize drawings. I was lucky enough to win a copy of the brand spanking new Mason-Dixon 2 and the yarn for one of the fabulous projects therein -- woo hoo!!


Can't quite tell what's in the shiny bags?


Yumm! Kidsilk Haze, for the Plaid wrap!! I've heard tell it's an addictive little bit of fuzz, so I'm almost scared to touch it. Thanks very much, Norma, and thank you to your lovely and talented assistant Paula, and thank you to the wonderful ladies at Mason-Dixon for supporting such a great cause!

I also received a wonderful gift from Bea, the talented designer for whom I test knit the Cross and Meet socks a while ago.

A sock blank she dyed especially for me!


Very cool -- totally my colours, and it should knit up into a great looking pair of socks. Thank you very much, Bea!

It just may be that Bea has a wonderful, new pattern coming out soon, and that just may be the reason I don't have any knitting that I can show you. But you didn't hear it here, mkay? :-)

14 people had something to say:

fleegle said...

Hmmph. Most of my mail are credit card solicitations. You are a lucky person, you know that, right?

Anonymous said...

Lucky duck!

lexa said...

Nice prize! The sock blank is quite neat.

Have a nice weekend!

Kay-From the Back Yard said...

Yes, you are a lucky guy. That Kidsilk Haze really is addictive and an amazingly wonderful yarn.

Yarndude said...

I'm on a retreat with my clarinet studio right now and they all stared at my like I was crazy as I "oohed" and "aahed" at everything I saw. I tried to explain to them that it was yarn, but for some reason the looks still came... hmmm.

bockstark.knits said...

can't wait to see how that knits up!!!

Sarah said...

I've been eyeing that book....
Love how your name is in the sock yarn! How fun is that??

Alwen said...

I've had the odd bit of luck in prizes in my lifetime but none lately. I think I'm due!

Anonymous said...

Enjoy!!!!And thanks again for your donation and your support.

Jean said...

This book is very well written and I know you will appreciate their sense of humor. I am a little envious of the kidsilk, the colors are rich and I think they will make a beautiful shawl or scarf. You deserve everything wonderful that comes your way.

Anonymous said...

mhm........ this mason dixon book - everybody seems to own it.
Is there anywhere in the net a site where one could see the projects inside?

With that kidsilk haze - I also have 2 single balls in my stash. How far does a single ball of 25 g last? I thought that it would just reach for Mrs. Beetons, but when I see your photos it seems that it reaches more than that?

Bea

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that she personalized the sock blank...how cool is that!?! Congrats! Can't wait to see how they knit up.

turtlegirl76 said...

Nice sock blank! No swapping that sucker with any chicks. That's all yours baby.

unless I change my name to "Dave", in which case, watch out. I'll be coming for your stash. ;)

Teyani said...

it will be really fun to see how the sock blank knits up ;-)