Saturday, June 06, 2009

Why do I need a title?

Thanks to Battlestar Galactica Season 2.5 (what's up with that?), I got a bit of knitting done.


Noro Silk Garden, Colour No. 8, blues, greens, purples .... yummm.



This is the second time that I've run out of yarn. Luckily Noro just recycles the same colours in different combinations and I could use some leftovers to finish it up.



Can you tell which end I had to doctor?

I also finished plying the Enchanted Knoll Red Silk Kimono yarn.




As I was spinning it, I didn't really worry about how thick or thin it was; I just let it do its thing.


It ended up at about 136 yards, 12 wpi, and very textural and sparkly.


I'm surprised at how much I enjoyed the sparkles, and I might even have decided what I'll knit with it. But for now, I think I'll go out and enjoy some sunshine.

20 people had something to say:

Paula said...

I love that red yarn. Nicely spun!

Anonymous said...

The blues in the Noro are beautiful!

Micki said...

Love the scarf and the yarn! I sometimes like spinning the sparkly stuff too...although I have no intention of wearing it.

Nana Sadie said...

I can't tell where you added more Noro! :)
And that yarn? WOW. You did a really fine job, and I can't wait to hear what you'll make from it.

Enjoy the day!
(((hugs)))

fleegle said...

Well, you don't really need a title. I don't like thinking up titles myself. But I do like your Noro project--the yarn is so pretty. And so is your red sparkly stuff!

Kathy said...

A little bling never hurt!

Yarndude said...

I'm curious, what do you do with all these Noro scarves that you knit? Your spinning looks fantastic, btw.

Taxastrikkeren said...

Oh! Your blog look so happy today. - and I forgot to read what you where writing!?!
I am waiting to se the blue/green yarn when it is finnish. I mean: what are you knitting? Here in Denmark we have a very sunny and warm spring and early summer.Everybody seams to enjoy it.

Gitte from Denmark

lexa said...

I can't tell which end was doctored. Love the red yarn. :)

Monika said...

Love your handspun! Lovely shades of red.

Sarah said...

Love the yarn! The little bit of sparkle adds such great depth.

Now, do we need to have an intervention with regard to all these Noro scarves? ;-)

Amy aka: ropergirl3 said...

this is my first time commenting but I lurk all the time, but I had to say that newly spun fiber is gorgeous!!! Love all your creations btw!

Jean said...

You spin such different types of yarn, it is so interesting to see what you will spin up next. Thank you for sharing them with us. Being a non spinner, I really do find it fascinating.

turtlegirl76 said...

Beautiful scarf! But the handspun is stunning!

Opal said...

gorgeous scarf! i can't tell where you added the leftovers.

super lovely yarn! your spinning just keeps getting better and better. any plans for a wheel? ;-)

pat said...

Your multi directional scarf is so pretty. I made a whole matched stripe sweater out of Noro#8 - love the colors :-)

and that red handspun is gorgeous!

tiennie said...

It's beautiful!!

JessaLu said...

My English teacher could give you a whole list of reasons why you need a title but I'm totally on your side. ;o)

Cool scarf - and lovely handspun!

Marjorie said...

Nope. I can't tell which end looks different.

Your hand spun is so lovely.

Life's a Stitch said...

Oh that Noro, I love it despite its idiosyncrasies.