Sunday, January 24, 2010

On hiatus

I am taking a blog break, which may or may not become permanent.

I am still knitting and spinning and will continue to keep track of my projects on Ravelry.

Thanks very much for reading, and commenting, and just generally being there.

Before signing off, one quick note for locals:  Knit-Knackers is hosting a men’s “knit nite” this coming Wednesday, January 27, “about 5-ish.”  I haven’t yet been to their new location, so I thought this would be a good time to check it out.

43 people had something to say:

Michelle said...

Enjoy your break and with luck you'll come back after some time off. I know taking off most of last year was very energizing to me. I'll keep track of you on Ravelry!

Paula said...

Take care. I will miss you.

Monika said...

Sorry to see you go.

fleegle said...

Hurry back. We will miss you.

Anonymous said...

We'll all miss you. Best wishes.

Terri said...

Dave, enjoy your break, however long it may be. See you on the Rav!

lexa said...

Hopefully your break won't be permanent, but at least we'll still see you on Ravelry!

Mag said...

You need more time for spinning anyway. ;-)

Anonymous said...

I will miss you very much, hope you come back. I understand that you need a break, and hope that you can enjoy a little more time for yourself. All the Best, Rita

Zonda said...

Take care! See you around :)

Donna said...

Dave, I hope your break is brief and your spinning and knitting continues without pause and with much enjoyment - I look forward to seeing what pops up in my friend feed on Ravelry!

Marlene said...

Aw shoot! I hate to see a good blog die. I'll miss reading about your spinning and knitting adventures. Hope to still see you around on Ravelry. Was it Ravelry that made you lose interest in updating your blog? My daughter no longer posts to her blog now that she can keep track of her projects on Ravelry. I kind of like to do both.

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear from you - I've been checking everyday because your activities are really meaningful and interesting to me whether they seem significant to you or not. I hope to see you back soon. Luv.

Micki said...

Enjoy your break! Take care.

Kay-From the Back Yard said...

I understand completely, Dave. Just say you'll be back even if just occasionally.

Unknown said...

I'll miss reading your blog, but I understand! Take care!

Crazy Knitting Fool said...

I will miss you.

Cookie said...

Take care of yourself, sweetie, and come back when you're feeling it again. Or not. Totally up to you.

xo

Sarah said...

Enjoy the break. Hope you come back, but if you don't, see you on Ravelry!

Jean said...

Good luck to you in whatever you choose to do. There are so many paths to take in this life and new doors always are there to open.

punkin said...

You will be missed.

Unknown said...

I'm sorry to hear your break may be permenant. I hope everything is well. Take care.

Bea said...

that's awful - I hope you will com back soon.

Bea

Nana Sadie said...

Ok...take a break, but I do so hope you don't give up blogging altogether!
(((Hugs)))

DeAnn said...

Enjoy your break...I hope you don't make it permanent. You touch so many lives. But do what you have to do. We all need a vacation sometime...

turtlegirl76 said...

Have a wonderful blog-vation. You will be missed here. I'll be sure to stalk your Ravelry page instead. =)

peony said...

darn I just found your blog a couple of weeks ago, and I am in teh process of reading up old/er posts... I am sorry to see you go, I love looking at your projects...

Mary Lou said...

Enjoy your time away from the blog. Knit on!

pat said...

I think I know the feeling - enjoy!

Lynn said...

I hope you will post photos of your spun yarn on Ravelry. I think your handspun yarns are fabulous and I love seeing your fiber-to-yarn photos.

Bogie said...

Enjoy your time off. I hope you'll return to your blog some time in the future 'cause my RSS list is much shorter than my "friend" list on Rav. Take care!

Unknown said...

miss you and wish you were here.

jessie said...

I'm way behind on blog reading, as usual. Just wanted to say I'll miss you but I get it. Hope to see you back on soon.

Allison said...

You're blog has always been a good read- full of lovely pictures and inspiration. But I know a good post really takes a lot of time. It's here, should you ever want to come back to it.
I'll continue to think of you whenever I use the handmade journal you sent a few years ago. It arrived right before I had my son, and i use it to document special moments and times in my life.

Patricia said...

Well, I understand completely. You'll be back...
Meanwhile I'll follow your spinning and knitting exploits via Ravelry. Thank goodness for the Rav!

Sigurborg Johannsdottir said...

greetings from Iceland ;o)

P Dragon said...

I miss your blog updates. :( Hope your hiatus is working out well. Take care.

Anonymous said...

I have learned a lot from you... your posts. I will follow you on ravelry. Enjoy the break and hopefully see you back here soon.

Joanne said...

I certainly understand blog fatigue. I hope that you'll recharge your batteries and come back.

Calvin said...

Hey, Dave. Do you think you may bring your blog back this year? Miss ya!

Calvin

fleegle said...

Thanks, Dave. I miss your blog! Come back soon!

Bea said...

I wanted to have a look, but you seem to be still having your break...

VeganGem said...

I was pointed to your blog and needed to tell you that I really like your instructions and patterns (yes, took a few). Thank you for your time and I hope you begin again some day.