Tuesday, November 14, 2006

ISE3 - Rocked by Betty Crocker

It was a good mail day today -- my ISE 3 scarf arrived!



My swap partner was Liz, formerly bettycrockerpunkrocker, but now blogging here. She sent me this gorgeous scarf knit from Debbie Bliss Soho, some wonderful tea, chocolates, and a very cool "pencil case" which we know is not likely to see any pencils but will instead house a tape measure, stitch markers, scissors, etc. -- totally cool!



Thanks so much, Liz -- the scarf is perfect!


The mistake rib pattern really shows off the wonderful colours and texture in this yarn. This is exactly the kind of yarn that would follow me home from the LYS. The scarf is soft, cuddly, thick, warm ... and it smells real nice too. :-) Thanks, Liz!

In the Other News Department, I'm onto the second of my Socktober socks (yes, I know it's the middle of November), and I've finished the back of my Noro sweater and barely started the front. No progress pics, sorry. I also have a secret project that is temporarily stalled while I sort out some equipment issues. I've been digging about in my UFO pile -- chucked some stuff and resurrected others. What I really need right now, though, is something big that I can just knit away on without having to think too much and that won't have any tricky bits that hit me at 11 o'clock at night just when I don't want to get hit by tricky bits. I'm thinking afghan. I have the yarn and pattern in mind. Will it materialize? Stayed tuned.

26 people had something to say:

Turtle Runner said...

What a wonderful scarf! I love the colors!!!

Meg said...

hee hee, "equipment issues" - do I feel another gadget purchase coming on?!
Your scarf is lovely, and looks very 'you'. I love mistake rib stitch for a cuddly scarf, well done to the artist formerly known as bettycrockerpunkrocker!

Emma said...

Very pretty scarf. And Socktoberfest socks are always better late than never!

Liz K. said...

Two words: Log. Cabin.

Liz K. said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
LaurieM said...

No log cabins. They can be tricky! What if you don't pick up stitches properly at 11 o'clock?

I say strips. I loved the baby blanket on the blue blog. Way easy looking. :-)
It would be like knitting a bunch of scarves.

Unknown said...

The scarf is wonderful Dave. I heard this rumour about it being Sockvember (which apparently is Socktober spelled backwards...) so those socks are right on track!

lexa said...

What a wonderful scarf! Lovely gift from your ISE pal!

Monika said...

You are a lucky guy, such a nice scarf! It's always nice to get stuff, one would not buy for oneself. I'm finishing up my 2nd Log Cabin and would like to poke my eye out or something. G-a-r-t-e-r-s-t-i-t-c-h- even if I close my eyes. I love knitting blankets in all sizes, but the next onw will be more exciting. Good luck with yours, can't wait what you'll come up with!

knitspot anne said...

oohhh, afghan—yeah! the colder it gets the longer it grows—perfect for the months ahead

Karen said...

Great scarf - I think it goes perfectly with your coat!!

Anonymous said...

An afghan, eh? Sounds like a perfect way to supply yourself with several months of mindless knitting. There are so many possibilities -- I'll be interested to see what you choose!

HPNY KNITS said...

these are lovely soft colors for your jacket.
secret afghan sounds intriguing!

Anonymous said...

No worries about the sockage - I finished mine in November, too (as you know) and I think there are lots of people out there just like us ;o)

Love the scarf! :o)

Anonymous said...

the scarf looks like you bought it to go with the jacket. how cool! what a great job your swap pal did.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Liz. Log Cabin.

No worries about the Socktberfest socks. Socktoberfest has been continued...errr, left open...due to participant requests. :)

~Suz~

Alisha said...

Great scarf!! A nice treat!!

I think Socktoberfest should be an all year thing anyway....so it is all good!!

Anonymous said...

Great scarf--goes perfect with your coat! You're shaming me into thinking about dealing with all those pesky little UFOs lying around too.

Anonymous said...

I'm green with envy. No one swaps anything with poor old WoolGatherer.

Jennifer said...

Gorgeous scarf! What a great ISE scarf.

Anonymous said...

Your swap partner had your number in the colors! Beautiful!

Abigail said...

Need help?

jenknits said...

Now THAT's a nice scarf. Very wearable. What a fun exchange! And I love the mittens from a previous post.

KnitPastis said...

I so love this pattern for a scarf and it's in a nice color too. This Winter White Earl Grey tea is pretty good. I have it when I go to Barnes n Nobles.

BEESTLYproducts said...

that scarf looks pretty fab ;-)

Nik said...

Ditto. The scarf looks great with the jacket.