Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Kaleidoscope # 3

Colours so hot they sear your retinas and confound my camera.





Orange and pink, with a bit of green, brown and black.

Like an autumn forest ... on crack.

Mr. Noro, your brain must be a wondrous place.

Silk Garden No. 84.

23 people had something to say:

Nana Sadie said...

Maybe, but I LOVE the combination!
GORGEOUS...
(((hugs)))

Calvin said...

Now I'm conflicted. Do I like this colorway better than the other colorway? I think I do!

picperfic said...

yes, but isn't it delicious!?

fleegle said...

argh. Didn't sear my eyes--the colors were too beautiful to do any damage. He does have a handle on color, doesn't he?

Kay-From the Back Yard said...

Ah, yes. Noro. The stuff made of dreams.

Jennifer said...

What a lovely mix of colors!

turtlegirl76 said...

84 is my favorite. I did my entrelac vest in that. LOVE IT.

Anonymous said...

84 is definitely my favourite.

Unknown said...

agree (1)

lexa said...

Gorgeous! They come up with the neatest color combinations, don't they? :)

Opal said...

I adore your metaphors and I adore the yarn. nom nom nom

Anonymous said...

wow ! those pinks are pretty!

I think I might have to try some Noro soon...

Anonymous said...

Noro and garter stitch go great together!

Nan said...

WOWSA! It's gorgeous!

Marjorie said...

That is beautiful. You are making it hard for me (a) not to run out and buy some more Silk Garden (b) stick to my WIPs and not fish out the left-over Noro I have from a prior project to make one of those scarves.

Carrie K said...

Purty. Where do I cast my vote for one of the additional seasons to be autumn on crack?

gilraen said...

Beautiful colours!!! I do need shades to view!! Hot hot hot :)

Teyani said...

sigh. it's divine.

wouldn't you love to peek inside THAT creator's mind (grin)

Heather said...

Beauteous!

Anonymous said...

Wow, all that colour is music to the soul today. :o)

Jean said...

What a great color combination. This would warm the heart on your cold winters days. I am having so much fun exploring your wonderful blog. Thank you for expressing your opinions on various yarns, especially someone with your experience. I wish I had seen your blog prior to purchasing the Regia silk yarn, it would have saved me some time, I had started a sock with it, now its sitting in a drawer waiting for another suitable project - maybe I can combine it with another yarn. I am looking forward to your future postings!

Kyle William said...

beautiful! the colors remind me of "Small World" at Disneyland... :)

Alicia said...

I have 4 skeins of this very yarn. I can tell just from the photos. Silk Garden, yes? if you need more, let me know. They were an impulse purchase and too small a quantity to do much with!