Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Beautiful Blues

Many bloggers nowadays seem to be in a bit of a knitting funk. Not quite the blues, but just about. Me, I'm revelling in the blues because .... it's here!! IT'S HERE !!!

What the heck am I talking about? Well, you may remember, and you may not, whatever, that I won something. A Wendy something. Well, Wendy done gone and give me the blues!!

Aren't they gorgeous? A couple of shades of blue plus a couple of shades of grey equals me just tickled pink! That is exactly the kind of colours that would have attached themselves to me at the LYS and followed me home.

And there's more:


Opal. The yarn about which so many sockers obsess, and I have never, I say NEVER, knit with it because it's not readily available hereabouts. Bluesey stripeyness!! I finally get to see what all the fuss is about.

So yes, I'm celebrating the blues today. Thank you so much, Wendy! Dude, you're a peach, and I've had a lot of fun with your contest.

Unfortunately, I can't cast on either of these right now, because I already have two pairs of socks on the needles, and I have been trying to Focus on Finishing Something ... ahem. So needs must that I store them a little while. Yes, they will be joining their brethern in the stash to take a little rest after their long, hard journey. Mind you, their brethern are multidinous, and in order to properly accommodate them in their new accommodations, I have had to do a bit of crowding, squishing, crumpling, squeezing, squashing and crushing. Here I am, in my ever-so-debonair Regia Clown socks, doing just that -- jumping on (a) one of many, (b) one of too many, (c) one of never enough, (d) one of "how the heck are you going to use all that up," plastic storage bins, in an attempt to get the lid to shut.

8 people had something to say:

aija said...

Niiice!! I was waiting to see what she sent you :) I'm still hoping my sock yarn will breed in the cramped quarters I keep it in.

Anonymous said...

dude - be careful!

Wait...how does one get on the list of recipients of said stash in case you fall and hurt yourself from jumping on the stash bins...? *grin*

lexa said...

Very nice yarns from Wendy! I've never tried Opal either. I like their "animal" yarns! We don't sell it at our store, but I've eyed it on eBay!

Jason said...

Sweet! Will we ever know how you begged? :-)

Dave said...

Ummm, Jason ..... no :-)

Allison said...

Hi :) I'm glad to find your blog, and happy to know you like the way my Jaywalkers are turning out! I'm using Regia Line Steps Color in color 5364. I know there's also a blue version. Happy knitting!

Unknown said...

Dave,
Congratulations on the great sock yarn! It's really beautiful! And I'm just lovin' the "stomp on the stash box" pics - what a hoot! lol.

Nik said...

I just love the socks and starsky and the multidirectional scarf and...
hell, i just love everything. Glad I stopped by. I shall link you. :)