Thursday, April 06, 2006

Starsky's Back ....

I am pleased to report that my Starsky back is finished. At first, it looked like ka-ka. The stitch pattern really needs a good blocking. Using yarn that was frogged from another sweater and not washed before re-knitting added some additional bumps and lumps. He was definitely looking a little .... stressed. After a nice, long, warm bath and a little bit of yoga, he's feeling much better.

I've started on the front. Note: If you're knitting this pattern, check to ensure that you've got the most recent version, as there is a correction on the website. Once again, I have taken liberties with Starsky's ribs.

In other breaking news, the neighbours are getting used to seeing me out on the front step in my bathrobe with a camera at 6 a.m. I don't know whether this is good or bad.

10 people had something to say:

Zee said...

Looking good! :)
Me likes!

Anonymous said...

Very nice!! and the colour is gorgeous

aija said...

Very cool! Mine has stalled... hoping to get the inspiration to get going again soon (your pics help!) :)

Jackie said...

Your Starsky looks great!

Shannon said...

I love your starsky!

Jordana Paige said...

LOVE how you lined up the ribbing with the banana leaf pattern. A very nice finishing touch.

lexa said...

I love grey! It's looking gorgeous! Can't wait to see the finished item!

Anonymous said...

Starsky is coming along great. I like the grey better than the cream, I think.

Unknown said...

Your Starsky looks great; you certainly get a better idea of how lovely that grey really is from the bottom photo - I don't think you should deprive the neighbours; it may inspire them to take up knitting!

Unknown said...

Hi Dave! I asked you in your first Starsky post about the changes you did for the ribbing. Remember?

Well, I've casted on and knitted up to the armholes on the back and I love the way the ribbing looks, with the tree pattern coming up from two knit stitches and how the three knit stitches between the trees goes done in knit stitches. Yesterday I catsed on for the left front and realized that you and I must knit different sizes... I'm making the M and the only good looking way I could change the ribbing was to put the tree coming out from two purl stitches... I think that'll be fine though. :)

Good luck with the rest of your Starsky!