Saturday, April 01, 2006

The Best-est Thing ....

The best-est thing about finishing one luscious Fleece Artist Basic Merino sock .....
.... is that you can start on the other one and enjoy the experience all over again.
My two must-do projects are grey. I thought I should take a break and partake in a bit of colour.

That fits the bill, doesn't it.

And in other breaking news, it seems that I have won something. And not just any something, but a Wendy something. The Divine Ms. W held a begging contest, so a-begging I did go. It seems that I done gone a-begging so good that ... well, I won something. A Wendy something. How incredibly splendiferous!! Thank you so much, Wendy. I will now add the postal person to the list of people I stalk.

9 people had something to say:

aija said...

Beautiful heel!

I saw you won over @ Wendy's-- yay for more sock yarn! :)

Unknown said...

Dave, Firstly let me congratulate you on your win! Excellent! I can't wait to see what it is.

Secondly, I love the sock! Your heel is great! This must be a really nice knit break from the grey and satisfying because it comes together so quickly; kind of immediate gratification in a super useful way.

Hopefully the postie guy doesn't have to endure too much stalking! LOL

lexa said...

Gorgeous sock! Hearty congrats on your win! Can't wait to see what she sends you! :)

Anonymous said...

Dave--beautiful socks! Thanks so much for posting the about the Sherman heel--wow! What a revalation. I usually do a toe up with a peasant heel, which looks and fits great, but there are those extra ends to weave, plus you have to do a "separate" thing, so it's always given me the slight pip. Short-row heels have always given me the major pip, ditto flap and turn. However, I LOVE the Sherman heel. Many, many thanks. I do have one question, though, what is Stahl shaping in the toe?? Let me thank you just ONE MORE TIME...THANKS!!--Anne in NC

Dave said...

Anne: Stahl toe shaping, also referred sometimes as German toe, is:

(Decrease round, K three rounds even)once
(Decrease round, K two rounds even) twice
(Decrease round, K one round even) three times
Continue with only decrease rounds until you reach the number of stitches you wish to graft together.

Annie said...

I love love love Fleece Artist sock yarn. beautiful sock you got there. And congrats on the Wendish winning...gotta go check to see if I'm on the list!

Anonymous said...

Those are beautiful colors - I can't wait to try Fleece Artist.

Disentangled said...

Ooooh, that is such beautiful yarn!There is nothing like good sock yarn.

Jason said...

Oh lovely, lovely sock yarn. So don't need to discover yet another lovely, lovely sock yarn. LOL