Sunday, June 18, 2006

Amazing Lace - Challenge #2 - Extreme Knitting

I had the most AMAZINGLY EXTREME post planned and into production mode. Unfortunately, it all fell apart during the photo shoot when the golf cart broke down and the horse absolutely refused to wear the parachute ... sigh.

I'm at row 61.



Do you see it?

Here's a close up of the beginning of the lace section of the tail on the right side:

Here's a close up of the beginning of the lace section of the tail on the left side:
Now do you see it? Yup, it's totally out of whack. Of course, I discovered this just as I decided that it was time to put in my FIRST lifeline. Which means there's no lifeline to go back to. And it's after I joined the two sections of the tail, so the rows are twice as long and go across both sections.

Note to self: When knitting left tail, do * not * look at the chart for right tail.

This evening, I have the distinct pleasure of unraveling a mess of p2tog-b and slip2-p1-p2sso ... fun, fun, fun. It might be quicker just to start over. Hmmmm.

The official team progress photo for this leg of the race -- Extremely Slow.

10 people had something to say:

aija said...

(Laughing)... love the turtle signage.

Unknown said...

My sympathies are so with you. I would say rip it all out; by the time you painstakingly take out all that you have to take out, you could just rip it out start over and write 'right' and 'left' in big letters to remind you in the future. The sign is too ironically beautiful!

Wool Girl said...

So sorry you are having to rip it out..that is absolutely lovely knitting! It's going to be awesome! Can't wait to see more in the weeks ahead!

Anonymous said...

LOL. Great sign. Don't get too discouraged. It's all about practice, right?

I used to have a riding lawnmower that was so slow, I swear it had a rabbit picture for fast, a turtle picture for slow, and a picture of a plastic diaper decomposing for the "eternity" setting it usually ran on.

Seriously.

Anonymous said...

Oh, ouch...you certainly have my sympathy!

HPNY KNITS said...

ouch is right. I know the feeling! but I am counting on you to do it!

Anonymous said...

Ugh, those charts will get you every time. No matter how much I focus, I always have one of those panic moments when I've looked away for a second and suddenly it's "Where was I again??" Good luck with your ripping, we're still rooting for ya!

Anonymous said...

Gaaaaa I hate going backwards!!!
Its really going to look fantastic in that colour though I looooove it!

Theresa said...

Great sign!

Anonymous said...

I thought I'd share a neat site I found when I dug deep into a search engine the other day. This is good when you really start looking around. A hidden gem really. But I digress.. here - golf school