Sunday, May 13, 2007

Continueing to continue

So, the red cables ... they continue.


About comments: That Lavendersheep, she's a smart one. It turns out that the new Blogger did NOT mess about with the ability to reply to comments and it actually works exactly the same as it did before. It also turns out that the new Blogger DID mess about with your settings. If your email address was public before, you've been reset to private. If you edit your profile and check off "show my email address," your email address will show up with the comment and restore reply-ability. Pass the word around, eh. I shall now return to my previous position: If there is no return address with the reply, that means you don't want one. If there is a return address, I'll use it. Thank you, Lavendersheep!

The red cables .... they continue to continue.



About the contest: About time I announced a winner, eh? Many of you correctly guessed that the knitted tube was a dying blank. Many of you suggested that it could be a neck or leg warmer for a giraffe, or a snake warmer, or a willy warmer. All cute ideas, but the one that made me laugh out loud was:

I’m rather certain “it” is a trunk warmer for a recently-widowed elephant. Such a comfort in trying times. Especially when one’s ankles tend not show off one’s socks to advantage.

Congratulations, blogless(?) Mike!

The red cables ... they continue to continue to continue.



34 people had something to say:

Leslie said...

The cables are just beautiful! I'm partial to red as well. So this is right up there for me. I think I could look at this all day.

~Kristie said...

Thanks for posting Lavendersheep's response as to why we don't get email addresses. It is *so* annoying. Unfortunately, a lot of people think they need to keep their email "private", so I suppose if they leave a comment and there's no email address, they shouldn't get a response? What do you think?

Your red scarf is looking beautiful. I also knit (but haven't weaved in the ends) of a navy blue scarf with a million cables like yours. Seems like it took me forever to knit.

Nana Sadie said...

Lovely work! Lovely color!
:)
(((hugs)))

Diana said...

Cables must be everyone's favorite!I sure enjoy them and I find myself getting more knitting done because I just want to see the next cable then one more then one more and so on!! Love the red!
Your socks down below are amazing!

Teyani said...

love the red - it's luscious!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cables - I'm going through a red (cable) phase at the moment too!

lexa said...

The cables are looking great! That comment did deserve the win. Thanks for the Blogger tip. I think that covers it all. :)

knottykitty said...

Love your red cables! And by the way, I hate to bother you with MY minutia, but I've been trying to figure out forever how to reply to comments directly on blogger. I switched my email to public, but I'm still not able to figure out how to reply! I've searched all over blogger FAQ, etc. for how to to this and I'm stumped! Could ya help a tech-challenged blogger out...? Thanks! deb

Dave said...

I don't think replying to comments can be done directly through Blogger, but you can have the comments sent to your email address and then reply from there. Under your "settings" tab, click on Comments, and then put your email address in the Comment Notification Address box. Your comments will be emailed to you, and then you can reply. If you're worried abour privacy, set up a gmail or hotmail account and use that rather than your personal address.

Marlene said...

I love the red cables.

I love having email addresses to reply to comments even more. THANKS!

HPNY KNITS said...

its a scarf, cause the label to your post is scarves, but which one....
its gorgeous!

Margie said...

Thanks again, Dave, for another save. (Although I know it was Lavendersheep who actually figured this out.) use your heels and toes chart weekly. I've changed my profile to have just my gmail address listed and checked share email address.

LavenderSheep said...

Glad to be of help!

Anonymous said...

The red cables are fabulous! I'm glad they keep going.

Anonymous said...

I can't understand why Blogger doesn't make it easier for people to reply to their commenters. Seems like it would be such an easy feature to implement (and for commenters to opt out of, if they so desired). What a pain.

The red cables are looking good!

sko_G knits said...

the cables are looking good...thanks for the comment tip!! it's been frustrating the bajezuz out of me!!

turtlegirl76 said...

The red cables look great! And now, to go check my blogger settings. I had no clue! The day they finally let me switch to new blogger was the day I bought my domain name and hosting (if I'da only waited 4 hours or so).

Anonymous said...

Well, I think the red cables are fantastic.

Anonymous said...

I love the red cables. Are they socks?

Ang

Sarah said...

Love the red cables! I have recently gotten a few comments where I can reply to them, thanks for the info, I'll try to sort all that out and see if it works!

gail said...

Pardon my lack of knowledge--but what is a dying blank? I think the cables look fabulous as a yoga mat carrier, but then, I rarely knit things just to dye them!!

Opal said...

Beautiful cables! I love that red too.

Emma said...

Damn, that's gorgeous!

Also, I tagged you for a meme. Sorry! Check my blog, and you'd better respond!

Dave said...

Gail, a dying blank is a piece of knitting that you can paint with dye, in stripes or gradual gradations, whatever you like. It gives you a lot more control over how the colours turn out. You then unravel it and knit it up.

Anonymous said...

The red cables are gorgeous.

Oh, so that's what a dyeing blank is! I had no idea. I really prefer Mike's concern for recently widowed elephants though. They suffer so silently.

Gah. And now I have to figure out my commenting status? Technology is a pain in the a--

dorothee said...

Those cables are beautiful!

Michelle said...

Thanks for sharing the Blogger comment tip. I installed HaloScan, but of course they've been having issues.

Loving the red and the cables. Two of my favorites together. I'm itching to knit some cables...just have to figure out what it'll be.

Anonymous said...

I find cables mesmerizing, and these are no exception...

Romi said...

Gorgeous color!

Mag said...

Lovely rich red color and I'll bet you can make those cables in your sleep by now, can't you? ;-)

knitspot anne said...

love those cables; what pattern is it?

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad someone asked the question about comments and delighted that Lavendarsheep had an answer :). I like the IDEA of responding to all my comments but Blogger isn't set up for it and I've heard installing Haloscan (good as it is) removes all existing comments. I'll definitely be letting people know about the email settings, so much easier than leaving responding in one's own comments section. And the ruby cables are lovely - luxury alpaca is one of my favourites :).

Irie said...

yummy red cables.. what rich color and texture!

thanks for the tip about reply-able comments. :)

randi K design said...

I will link you to my blog, let me know if it's not OK....