Friday, May 25, 2007

ISE4 - Scarf received!

Q: What's brown and blue and green all over?




Q: What's full of gorgeous little squares that go on forever?



Q: What's soft and warm and cushy-cuddley?

A: The fantastic garterlac Kureyon scarf that Kim sent me for the International Scarf Exchange!


In my semi-caffeinated state, I forgot to take a picture of the other goodies Kim sent. They included an extra skein of yarn so I can make a matching hat !!!, some yummy taffys, a mug and some coffee (which I should have drank so I wouldn't have forgotten - LOL!), some postcards and a fridge magnet ... and a nail and a yo-yo!! All very cool, and I am muchly pleased. Thanks so much, Kim! I hope the scarf you receive is as wonderful as the one you sent me.

29 people had something to say:

turtlegirl76 said...

It's gorgeous! And the best part - it's reversible and doesn't roll. Another beautiful example of how versatile your pattern is.

lexa said...

That is beautiful! What a nice package. :)

LaurieM said...

That's a really nice scarf! And a great tribute to the garterlac dishcloth. How thoughtful!

earthchick said...

Oooh, very manly! Love the colors.

Nana Sadie said...

Delightful colorplay!
How cool....
Did you say there was a "nail" in the package? typo? Am I missing something obvious?
Or is it your "semi-caffienated state?"
lolol
(((hugs)))

sweetfigs said...

Great scarf. I would have a hard time picking between that one and the red cabley goodness you made. But what's with the nail in the package? Was it a fancy thumb tack?

Jennifer said...

What a beautiful scarf!

limedragon :-: Harriet said...

Wonderful scarf! The colors and texture make it handsome and cozy all at the same time. :)

sheep#100 said...

A nail?

knottykitty said...

"Manly,yes! But I like it too!" (are you old enough to remember those commercials?...oh,never mind..) Very nice scarf--the colors and pattern are lovely! :)

Charity said...

That's a great scarf - you've been spoiled! Kim just happens to be my own scarf pal, and I hope she will enjoy her parcel as much as you've enjoyed yours! ;)

(No, I'm not giving the secret away - this time. I stupidly "revealed myself" last week. Sigh. I guess I need a few more hits of caffiene myself.)

Anonymous said...

What a great gift for you! Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Love it! Must make! I have four skeins of Noro Kureyon knit into something that needs to be frogged. Must ask Kim if this will do it ...

Anonymous said...

Oh, very cool! Well, warm. I thought of it as a garterlac tribute too.

Mag said...

What a beauty, a great use of what I call "gem in the matrix' coloring. This one has turquoise and perhaps a subtle green jade? in the varied grey/brown stone matrix. Lovely job Kim, if you're reading these comments and I certainly hope you are.

Opal said...

You also got a nail? That must be a special nail, with some sort of significance that's beyond me. Right?

The scarf is gorgeous. The colours are so very vivid and they work out so perfectly in the garterlac.

HPNY KNITS said...

very very NICE!!

Chelle said...

What a beautiful scarf! I've never tried entrelac, but that scarf would be a perfect excuse!

Your cabled scarf was so gorgeous, I'm glad that you received such a nice package in return!

Anonymous said...

Ok, Trek beat me too it but I'll ask again: a nail?

Anonymous said...

Very lovely scarf. I don't think I have the patience to knit something that intricate...very impressive.

Ang

Mauren Mureaux said...

Wow. You sure are the lucky one, that scarf is gorgeous. It sould keep you nice and warm come Winter time. But we won't discuss that now!

Lacefreak said...

That is just plain beautiful. What alot of time, talent and effort. I think the colors look wonderful together and I think a matching hat would be even better!

Carrie said...

Holy cow--that's gorgeous!

Debi said...

Killer handsome scarf Dave! Enjoy every stitch!

Paisley said...

Gorgeous scarf! Great colours and design.

Carrie said...

That's a beautiful scarf - you're so lucky! But what was the nail for?

Lolly said...

I love the scarf you received!

aija said...

Awesome scarf! You are the (garter)-lac king :)

randi K design said...

Beautiful scarf! The colors are great, the blues and brown...love it! You do great work, I have been visiting your blogg for a while, lot of fun!