Saturday, October 21, 2006

Knitters Tea Swap 2 - Package Received!

A most delightful package arrived in the mail yesterday -- my swap package from the Knitters Tea Swap 2!

Melinda, from Chicken Without a Head, sent me this delightful assortment of tea, yarn, cookies and chocolate. Yummm!!

Melinda is lucky enough to live in the beautiful city of Seattle. Ah, the joys of living in a port city! She sent me some green pear tea from one of her local shops, as well as a sample of their black tea. She also sent a box of her favourite herbal - Strawberry Vanilla - and some Seattle signature tea, Market Spice. To munch while drinking the tea, she sent some Ginger Nut cookies (I love ginger!) and some chocolate. (Note to self -- remember to renew membership at gym.)

For the yarn portion of the swap, Melinda sent me three skeins of deliciously soft and beautifully blue baby cashmere and .... a humongous hank of her own handspun!!! This yarn is gorgeous, and I tried to capture it in "pr0n" shot.

Blues, green and -- sparkles! How totally cool is that!! Melinda reminded me that it should be knit tightly to improve durability if I were to use it for socks, but I'm thinking maybe scarf? I'll wait to see what Anne comes up with for her next man-lace design. Sparkly blue and green man-lace -- yipeee !!!

This was a most delightful ending to an extremely hectic week. Thank you very much, Melinda --


-- I'm about to enjoy a cup of green pear tea (which smells wonderful!), some ginger cookies, and catch up on my blogs, a great way to spend a Saturday morning.

17 people had something to say:

Leanne said...

What a great package! And indeed, a perfect way to spend a cold Saturday.

Jennifer said...

What a fabulous package! She sent some of her own handspun! How wonderful!

Anonymous said...

It looks like an awesome package! That's some yummy looking handspun!

Melinda said...

It was a pleasure. I hope you enjoy the tea. (One of my friends recommends brioche stitch for manly handspun scarves, by the way.)

LaurieM said...

Beautiful handspun, you lucky dog. And thanks for the link to Anne's blog. It's always nice to be introduced to a great blog.

Man-lace. I wouldn't have believed it possible if I hadn't seen it myself. It really works!

Anonymous said...

The *sparkly* handspun is great and choccies and tea are always nice but, it's about the CASHMERE!!! Ooh la la. What will u make?

Unknown said...

The yarns are terrific; very thoughtful and the colours are great! Nice haul on the rest of the goodies. I love ginger and they are always so good with tea. Enjoy!

lexa said...

Wonderful prezzies! Can't wait to see what you do with that blue sparkley yarn!

Anonymous said...

Oooh, great haul. It has inspired me to go make myself a cup of tea. I'm sorry to note that I will not be enjoying it in the company of cashmere and handspun.

Nana Sadie said...

Gorgeous yarn, yummy package! And that last shot, with ginger cookies and tea on the plaid placemat? Very, very zen-like! Pretty crockery!
(((hugs)))

Nana Sadie said...

Oops...striped placemat...can't tell I'm partially sighted, now can you?
lolol!

earthchick said...

Mmmmm. Fabulous.

HPNY KNITS said...

great colors on that hand spun! looks very soft too.
has tea and cookies, will knit!! (same here on ginger of any kind)

CelticCastOn said...

*GASPS* MCVITIES!!! You lucky thing you! ahhh reminders from home!
Great package! Pear tea sounds delicious!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous handspun yarn! A delicious package all around!

Alisha said...

What a great package!!! That yarn is beautiful.....enjoy!!!

The tea and ginger cookies look good too!!

Spinsanity said...

I love that deep blue! I'll have to try to find something to spin in that shade. In the meantime, can you tell me what color the baby cashmere is? None of the blues currently available on elann.com seem that deep.