Sunday, July 02, 2006

Amazing Lace - Challenge #3 - Poetry

Okay.

A Po-em .... by Dave.

With pic-tures .... also by Dave.


Ahem.



There once was a knitter of socks

who tried to knit outside his box.



He knit and he purled.

The shawl, it unfurled.



"Zounds!" declared he ... this lace ROCKS!



Official team portrait, Leg 3: Charts 2 & 3, Row 97, and lookee-see what I got:

Butterfly butt !!

13 people had something to say:

earthchick said...

Bravo!

Anonymous said...

Looking good so far! :o)

CelticCastOn said...

your butt looks great!!! *your butterfly butt that is* :)

Anonymous said...

Great poem and good progress! I see you've got some lifelines in now too. I'm watching closely to learn all about lace knitting from you for when I get brave enough for a shawl. So far I've learned, be careful with charts, and use those lifelines. :)

HPNY KNITS said...

love the sock rainbow!
fun poem and great progress. there is hope forlace, the team is on a roll!

Anonymous said...

Zounds? Butterfly butt? You slay me :-)

Nana Sadie said...

hehehehehehehe! Love the poetry! And the lime green butterfly shawl, too! too funny...
(((hugs)))

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on winning the name game,Dave, and also for the link to the wonderful Angora Valley Fibers...I didn't know that one. Beautiful colours, I know I want too many of them ;-)

Anonymous said...

You are so clever. I just love a guy who makes me laugh. Congrats on the Butterfly Butt. It's coming along great.

Have a good day, Abigail

Anonymous said...

Brilliant poem! And I have to say that I'm intruiged by the shawl you're knitting. I've never seen anything like it... and I mean that in a good way :-)

Zee said...

LOL! Well done, and beautifully knit! :)

Gillian said...

Oh, I am truly impressed. Thankyou for having a go at my humble comp because it led me to your awesome site.
Socks, poetry, lace and competitive! What a combination.
Cheers Gillian

Anonymous said...

Your limerick in between the knitting photos made me smile :-) Well done! (says a poetic knit-wit who has mastered 114 different poetry forms thus far :-) )