Friday, August 04, 2006

Amazing Lace - Challenge #5 - Where's Waldo?

Challenge #5 of the Amazing Lace has been issued.


In honor of that slightly crazed I-see-lace-everywhere mental state that’s a symptom of obsessive lace knitting, your challenge is to post one photo on your blog in which your lace is a hidden or unexpected part of the picture.

So how does one hide a sizeable chunk of flourescent, green knitting that almost glows in the dark?



Like that, I guess.


I've made a bit of progress in the last few days, although not as much as I'd hoped. I was planning on 10 rows a day, but I've lost a day or two due to the heat, and a day or two to stupid mistakes. Nevertheless, I'm about two-thirds of the way through the second set of charts. Here we are at Row 150.

Any luck with Waldo? Maybe this will help.

It's big enough now, covering most of the back of my loveseat, that it's a bit awkward to maneouvre, and it's a bit warm sitting on the lap, but I'm at the part where the wing proper is extended outwards - yippee, less plain stockinnette!



Still no Waldo? Here you go:


12 people had something to say:

lexa said...

I couldn't find it til you pointed it out! Looking good!

sheep#100 said...

Uh, Dave, why does the green sock bother you so much but the lime shawl does not?

Just asking.
:o)

Emma said...

I couldn't see it either, not until the last photo!

Sachi said...

What a great color!!!

Anonymous said...

wow, i think i'm blind...i can barely see it in the midst of all that green! by the way, i finally posted your choice of prizes!! come visit and see!!

Michelle said...

Well Criminy Jickets, I couldn't see it anywhere! Nice hiding and love the shawl. I have it on my neverending to-do list.

Anonymous said...

dave that looks great!is it your first lace project (sorry i can't remember if you said . . .)

Wendy Merganser said...

I found it! I found it! Do I get a gold star?

The shawl's looking great. You're going a heck of a lot faster than I am on my first toe-up socks.

Jason said...

I see now! I see now! LOL

Nana Sadie said...

I thought it was a bit more to the right and above the red circle so what a great job you did hiding it! Even in color!
(((hugs)))

earthchick said...

Hee! Great entry.

Christa said...

I completely couldn't find it! After seeing the color, I thought it was just the black and white hiding it, but apparently not! LOL, great job! (And looking good, when I can see it)