Friday, August 11, 2006

ISE 3

Many of you are preparing for the upcoming Sock War, but I have decided that I'd rather partake in a little bit of diplomacy in the Foreign Affairs Department.

The International Scarf Exchange 3 is now accepting sign-ups. Anyone else interested?

17 people had something to say:

Anonymous said...

i'm always afraid of committing to an exchange. i have no problem getting projects done sooner or later, but having that deadline is a killer for me!
i was wondering, how tall do you like to make your socks (including heel height)? i mean, have you noticed that a certain height sock is a minimum for your comfort? how high is too high?

Anonymous said...

I'm with you Dave. The Sock War looks like fun, but I think the ISE 3 is more my pace right now. So I just signed up. Anyone who gets you for their exchange pal will be spoiled rotten! And I know, because I was your pal for the tea exchange (yes, my blog has moved, it's not the slipknotpixie url anymore).

Anyway, thanks for the ISE 3 link!

aija said...

Ooh. Man, why'd I ahve to see this? (I'm still debating sock wars, it may be too intensive for me!)

Anonymous said...

I'm in the ISE 3 :) Sockwars is too intense for me... My socks are my "no stress no obligations no nothing" knitting :)
Cheers Eva

HPNY KNITS said...

thats more lke it!! thanks. there are too many real wars out there.
:-)

Anonymous said...

Well, on Monday it's back to work after an excellent week off. And scarves make for perfect bus knitting, so why not? I'm going to go sign up right now. Thanks for the suggestion.

Abigail said...

Awe... Dave I was hoping you would compete..

Anyway I plan on giving the group a run for the money. Even if I have to put my wrist in a splint again......hehehehe

Have fun with the scarf

Unknown said...

Well I'm following the pack and have joined the scarf exchange too! I had to create a blog to get into it though. Talk about being in unfamiliar territory...
KellyD

Bettina said...

Hi Dave,

well, I'm glad to have seen your post about ISE3 and have joined. But Sock Wars are on as well!

See you soon on the ISE3 blog.

Bettina

Sayward said...

That sock war looks very, very tempting.

Thank you for the kind words and condolences. I'm always delighted to make the acquaintance of another sock addict, especially one from my hometown. Your adventures around Ottawa with your sock-in-progress gave me a much needed laugh yesterday.

Anonymous said...

Would it be ok with you if my knitting group used your garterlac dishcloth pattern as an introductory lesson in entrelac? I tried emailing you privately, but my yahoo address was rejected.

Dave said...

Nancy, certainly, go ahead. I don't know why your yahoo address would be rejected. Could you please try again to this address:
bearley_there at hotmail dot com -- thanks!

Anonymous said...

I'd love to join up - let me consider if I'm international enough :)

Melissa said...

the scarf exchange looks like fun! i wish i didn't have so many deadlines to meet!

stephanie said...

Hi Dave,
I love your blog! I've been lurking around and reading...hungrily... how bad is that?
I signed up for the ISF3 and am looking forward to it, but i wanted mostly to Thank You for the Garterlac Dishcloth! LOVE it! And it's fun as well as good looking. Can't beat that combo!
Best -stephanie

Girlie said...

How big does the scarf has to be? And I always wonder if I am good enough yet to sign up for the big leagues. I just started knitting less than a year.

Dave said...

Shoshana, go to the ISE website. There are lots of patterns linked there. Don't worry about skill level ... it truly is the thought that counts. There are lots of "simple" scarf patterns out there.