Friday, August 25, 2006

Knit Sock Kit Swap -- Kit Received!

My Knit Sock Kit Swap kit has arrived, My swap partner was Teri, of Knitting, with Beads. All I can say is, wow. I mean, really. WOW!


The bag is gorgeous. It's a wonderful denim-y blue, with blue and white striped handles on the top, the front, the back and one side -- and on the other side:



A very cool, round zippered pocket. Umm, pockets?


There are THREE more pockets inside, one with a zipper. This bag is so well crafted -- I cannot even begin to imagine how long it took so sew together all those bits and pieces and zippers.

Inside the bag? Another bag!!


Perfectly project sized!

There was also some DPNs, point protectors, darning needles and candy.


There was some soap that smells absolutely wonderful and was hand-made by Teri's sister.



I also got some yarn :-)

Shimmery merino-silk in an incredible shade of dusky blue! And the skein in front with the rich shades of green and blue? It was * hand-dyed * for me by Teri! This yarn absolutely glows, and every time I look at it I see another shade or colour in it. It is gorgeous. (Teri, I'm sorry about your fingernails -- I hope they have finally returned to their natural colour!)

I also got all the information I need to make a sock using this beautiful Herringbone rib stitch pattern - very cool indeed.

You may have noticed the beads that were on the zipper pulls in the first few photos? Teri made those beads herself. She * made * them. Like, from grains of sand or something :-) Incredible! She sent me some more in case I want to switch them around!

The blue one in front was made specifically with me in mind, and the others coordinate beautifully. I'm sorry, Teri, that my photography doesn't do justice to the depth of colour and lustre of these beads. They are simply gorgeous.

So yes, WOW. Thank you so much, Teri -- I love everything, and I am incredibly impressed with your crafting skills in so many different areas. I know I will enjoy using this beautiful bag and making some green and blue Herringbone socks!

19 people had something to say:

Annie said...

That's quite a pal you got there, Dave. What a nice bag.

Anonymous said...

Wow. I mean it's all so beautiful, but ... even handmade beads. Wow.

Anonymous said...

glad to see you are getting spoiled friend!

aija said...

Awesome blossom bag and pal! :) Let us know what you think of that Gloss yarn, it looks awfully tempting.

limedragon :-: Harriet said...

That's a terrific package; everything is gorgeous. Such a generous pal, lucky you! : )

CelticCastOn said...

wow what a talented swap pal! You did goooooood!
The hand dyed it fab, can't wait to see how it knits up.

lexa said...

WOW! What a gorgeous gift! That bag! And the yarn! And those gorgeous beads! Can't wait to see your Herringbone socks. Can't wait to see how the merino-silk knits up.

Leanne said...

Wow! What a beautiful package of goodies. I agree with Norma - I could never have competed with that!

Now I must go visit Teri and tell her how talented I think she is!

Anonymous said...

wow! lucky you!those beads are amazing. the yarn reminds me a little of wedy's (in a GOOD way, i swear!) pond scum socks

earthchick said...

WOW! Gorgeous, everything. I'll look forward to seeing the herringbone socks when you make them!

Cindy said...

What a fabulous pal you have and what great pressies. Enjoy!

sheep#100 said...

Daggone, man, that is some cool swag!

Okay, I am done with the hip-cool-teen-talk now.

Great swap for you!

Karen said...

WOW!!!! I am in awe over the talent of your swap pal. With every sentence I read, I gasped more and more. She rocks!!! Enjoy all your loot - great stuff for a great person. :)

Anonymous said...

What an awesomely cool pile of stuff! :o)

Emily said...

Wow. Those beads, that bag, and that yarn. Wow. Lucky guy!

Anonymous said...

Great kit!

Unknown said...

Wow!....
I am in awe!

Calling on Kahlo said...

Those beads are beautiful! I didn't even know you can make your own beads from grains of sand.

Angelika said...

Wow, I wish I'd get a bad like this will all those goodies. Yummy. Got interested in your blog because of the dishcloths and couldn't stay away.