Friday, August 04, 2006

Clarifying Colour

It appears I may have misled someone into thinking that I don't like green. Not true, I DO like green.

Compare the colour of the Swallowtail shawl with the colour of the wall shown here. It's pretty close to the same. They're both a bit on the yellow side of green, and it's actually a colour a really like. The green in these socks, though, bothered me not because it was a bad green, which it isn't at all, but because of the way it behaved. It was the wash-over effect. If it had striped, or mottled, I probably would have been quite happy.

And speaking of colour, I happened to stop by a LYS yesterday. I was just driving by -- I really wasn't going to stop ... really. But I rarely get to that part of town, so, you know, since I was there anyway ... ahem. Look what I found.


There's some colour for you. And it's not green. I'm thinking it maybe wants to become a So-Called Scarf.

I don't really want to be thinking about scarves in August, but there is always this to think about.

I also discovered that there will very soon be a local source for .... Koigu. I swear, I could feel the drool dripping down my chin.

16 people had something to say:

Amy said...

Love the color of that Manos! I think it would look great worked up in that scarf pattern.

aija said...

The my so called scarf is so fun to knit, and in manos will be just super soft...!

Yay for local Koigu! It is a Canadian company, yeah? Only seems fair you can get it locally :) (My LYS stocks it, a wall of it!)

Anonymous said...

Love those colors!

Anonymous said...

OMG, i clicked that last link and then i panicked. i have 7 nieces and nephews to get ready for and i don't usually start christmas knitting til thanksgiving. but that sobered me up . . .

Michael said...

Isn't the Manos absolutely brilliant? My LYS had about 8 or 9 different colourings, and it's SO hard not to buy some of them. (I've spent my yarn budget for the next few weeks)

lexa said...

Gorgeous colors! Local Koigu! Excellent!

sheep#100 said...

Oh, my, that is some way beautiful gorgeous lovely (am I drooling on the kb?) yarn....

::swoons::

Anonymous said...

Oooh Manos, I just refrained (barely) from picking some up today at the LYS, now you're making me regret it. Now, if they had stocked some Koigu...nice colorway you've got there.

HPNY KNITS said...

you scare me with the x-mas link, but that So-Called Scarf will be a perfect gift, and the colors are very rich and festive.

Jason said...

I love Manos! They have very interesting color combinations. And I love that scarf pattern. I think I even got some Manos to knit it with. Or was it just a dream? I think it's time to organize the stash. LOL

CelticCastOn said...

Ok MR that christmas link was sooooo uncalled for! Love the Manos though.

Chrissy said...

Purdy yarn! The colors are great. Someday I'll have to try some Manos.

I remember when I finally found a local source for Koigu. I was ecstatic!

Faith said...

Mmmmmm...Manos. Somehow I've never managed to get my hands on any of that goodness yet, but I will someday! Oh goodness, now I'm doing a search for it online...enabling. Plain and simple.

somebunnysloveDOTcom said...

WOW! I was at the Yarnia.com store today (Gorgeous city industrial loft feel, btw) and picked up, fondled, and was so close to buying that same Manos (different dye lot, I am sure) hank. Instead, I succumbed to Great Adirondack's Sierra and some Mysti Alpaca pima silk... Looking forward to seeing your So-Called Scarf.
=:8

Suzie said...

That reminds me...I have a manos So Called scarf in my pile of UFOs! That's a beautiful colorway!

Sarah O G said...

That yarn is beautiful, but the snowy link was just mean. :D