Wednesday, August 09, 2006

This is ....

This is Manos del Uruguay No. 102.



This is My So-Called Scarf.


And this ....




This is why I knit.


37 people had something to say:

Elspeth said...

Gorgeous weave stitch! I love the yarn!

Jason said...

You are done knitting the scarf?!? Wow! That's fast. I love it! Looks really great. I picked up some Manos, color 110, yesterday. I wonder if I should put other stuff down and just enjoy knitting some scarf for myself. :-)

Emily said...

(Drooling all over the keyboard) that is utterly fantastic.

Suzie said...

You are one quick knitter. It's beautiful!~

Anonymous said...

The scarf is beautiful. And that colourway looks very familiar. Check my blog later to see if I'm right. How much Manos did you need to make the scarf? I think the stitch pattern is perfect for the irregularity of the yarn.

April said...

i don't think you could have picked a better pattern to use with that yarn - it's fantastic. wonderful job. :)

aija said...

Fabulous! :)

Paisley said...

Luscious. Beautiful colours.

HPNY KNITS said...

awesome, and very inspiring!
its great when it all works together.
:-)

Terby said...

I loved that scarf pattern the minute I saw it. It really shines with Manos - and you have some gorgeous skeins there.

Sonya said...

Talk about your gorgeous knitting! This IS why we knit.

Anonymous said...

Is this not one delicious pattern? It does Manos right. It makes handspun look fabu.

And you made it look exceptionally excellent.

CelticCastOn said...

vanderful vanderful!

lexa said...

Gorgeous!

Michael said...

That puts my speed and scarf to shame! I can't think of a nicer yarn to knit that pattern up in, congratulations! Is it for you or someone else?

Karen said...

And this . . . is why I read your blog!! Gorgeous knitting. :)

Anonymous said...

Wow. That is amazing. I'm in love. err.. with the scarf. Really. What size needles did you use? I'm going to eBay right now and bidding on some of that! Coz they have it there ya know.

Ramona said...

Beautiful! I started this same scarf last winter and never finished it-now I'm thinking that was a mistake.

Nora said...

Hot!

Sarah said...

Gorgeous! Want-to-bury-my-face-in-it gorgeous! And wow, do you knit quickly!

Midnight Purls said...

Love the scarf. I've had two hanks of Manos laying around for well over a year now with no clue what I was going to use it for. Now I know. Thanks!

Leanne said...

Must... buy.... Manos. That is one fabulous scarf you have made.

Faith said...

Wow, that looks just as good as it did on the ball! Amazing!

Carrie K said...

Pretty!

Jeanne said...

Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I love that stitch, and it's so much fun to do. But the colors of a nice yarn really make the world a happier place.

Anonymous said...

Simply, fantastic!

MissyJoon said...

Lovely colors and lovely photos of your fabulous stitches!!!

Turtle Runner said...

Wow! YUM!!!! I love that yarn, and your scarf is awesome!

Anonymous said...

That is one berrylicious scarf ;o)

Tania A said...

*wipes drool off self, keyboard, desk*

Beautiful. Simply, fantastickally beautiful.

schrodinger said...

Gorgeous... bloody gorgeous!

Teyani said...

what a fabulous representation of color and knitting - knit on!

earthchick said...

Oh man, I love love love that scarf. [it has been on my to-knit list forever, now you've added more inspiration!] Great job, beautiful colorway.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful yarn, wonderful colors, wonderful scarf :)

Zee said...

Wow. Just Wow.

I want to knit that. You definitely chose a wonderful, colorful yarn for it. Me likes! :)

Kristina said...

I love this pattern. I just finished one in a really understated charcoal grey. It gave really basic yarn beautiful texture.